Coraljunkie's 54g Corner Reef

Pat24601

My bubble algae made a come back too. I didn't see any for a month or two then all the sudden a bunch on my water outlet. What can ya do?

Coraljunkie

My bubble algae made a come back too. I didn't see any for a month or two then all the sudden a bunch on my water outlet. What can ya do?
I chucked in a couple emerald crab females. While acclimating them I put a small cluster of bubble algae in with them. One of them was tearing it apart and the other was trying to get into the tank. Fingers crossed they start helping.

Coraljunkie

Aside from hoping the emeralds help with the algae, I try to keep the water clean and eventually the coral will grow and out compete the bubble algae for space. Hopefully

Coraljunkie

I cured the new rock slowly this time and added it to the display one at a time to try and not cause havoc again. It worked this time but I'm still battling bubble algae off and on. It's very concentrated in a few spots. I'm thinking about getting a skimmer at least to help in between water changes. Hopefully that helps. I'm re acclimating a few corals to the light again just to be safe.

Coraljunkie

Trying to do things the right way. I've had a 29g qt tank running since May with only live sand and some bio spheres. It's been fully cycled and in the mean time I've been reading more about the leopard wrasse. I tried once before but unfortunately was too green and didn't understand enough. I decided to place an order at Liveaquaria and it came in this morning. I'd rather have got it at a local store but none of them ever have any in stock and when they do they're usually in rough shape. I acclimated her using a reef gently acclimator. I'm gonna keep her in there for a month and treat her if necessary. She appears to be very healthy and fat. When I was done acclimating her she went into the tank and didn't even hide, she immediately started swimming.