Coraljunkie's 54g Corner Reef

Coraljunkie

Thanks, the display is a 54g corner I'm only keeping a pair of clowns and this. Trying to keep the bio load down.

Coraljunkie

I turned the parlor light on last night and took my finger and moved out around she just at there and followed my finger with her eyes the entire time hahaha

Coraljunkie

Second night and the same thing. During the day she stays in the sand, once the lights are off between 2100-2200 she comes out of the sand halfway and looks around. I just tried giving her some pe mysis in garlic and she just watched it get blown around

Coraljunkie

I know how delicate these fish are and can be, i'm just hoping this is normal and she starts eating and getting used to the tank

Coraljunkie

I got some questions for some wrasse experts or anyone with the answers. Since she's only coming out halfway at night should I try to feed her then? Or should I only feed during the day to entice her to come out? How can I adjust her sleeping schedule? Should I prazipro the tank even though she's mostly under the sand?

Oxylebius

I'd try to feed her. It will keep her alive until she adjusts to the day/night schedule of the tank. She will adjust to the lighting schedule of the tank in time. It can take anywhere from a few days to a month. It depends on the fish. Don't force it. But, feed her every other night so she doesn't starve. They are had to get to eat at first. I had live brine shrimp on hand to entice my new leopard wrasse to eat and then moved to frozen brine shrimp and then to mysids over a course of about three weeks. Now my leopard eats everything including dried nori that I feed my foxface.