coralife light fixture issues

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I got the replacement fan in and OH it's quiet! Thank you Central Aquatics!!

Here's the GOOD part!

I filed a complaint with the B-B-B over SeaCorals and their lack of help.

Here's the background. I ordered the light fixture from
Welcome to Sea Corals - Real Aquarium Grade Coral & Rock in May 2007. In December when the fan went bad I started cleaning and trying to resolve it myself. Well on 1/4/2008 I contacted SeaCorals about this. Of course they initially suggested cleaning. I complie and cleaned. I even went one step further and tried silicone lubricant. Still made an awful noise. So on 1/7/2008 I contacted them for resolution. They suggested I remove the fan and ship it to them. Once they had fan "in hand" they would ship the replacement. So I sent the fan to SeaCorals "certified" on 1/7/2008 and have delivery reciept for it on 1/9/2008 (maybe 1/20/2008 since I'm not in my office right now). Yadda yadda fast forward to now.

I filed the complaint with BBB and here is their rebuttal. It's hilarious!!

SeaCorals rebuttal said:
Customer called and stated fan was bad. We have never received the damaged fan as customer states in their dispute, but we did go ahead and have a new fan sent to them to replace the damaged part. The item clearly shows as delivered over 8 months now via tr#1Z999A7X0349306266. We have responded to the buyer numerous times, and buyer continually states that they are not receiving our emails, none of our other buyers are having issues with receiving emails. We have met all warranty requirements as indicated. If the buyer was unhappy with the light, they could have returned the item for warranty repair or replacement at any time, and we have let the customer know this numerous times. Buyer simply wants us to continue to send them parts without any return of the damaged parts, or any other proof that the item needs said parts. If the light is still giving buyer an issue, then it can be returned at any time. We apologize that the buyer is not receiving emails, but we cannot be held responsible for his email system, ours is working well, and we send and receive almost 1000 emails per day.
Go ahead and enter that tracking # into your USP tracking field. You'll get Delivered: 05/25/2007
3:17 P.M.
Yeah May 2007... that's the original light fixture NOT the replacement fan.

Well I've submitted my rebuttal and although I'll probably never hear anything more about it I have at least been 100% honest about it and I know they are a terrible company!! If ANYONE even considers saving some $$ and buying from SeaCorals please do NOT! Run away from SeaCorals as FAST as you can!!

:)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Yeah now that I am "in bed" with them I see they have a less than stellar reputation!!! Actually they have a "B" when it should be a "S" (sucks).

cioutlaw

Sorry to see your having bad luck with vendors too Al. Coralife had great customer service before they sold out, sounds like the new owners might not be all so bad either.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Sorry to see your having bad luck with vendors too Al. Coralife had great customer service before they sold out, sounds like the new owners might not be all so bad either.

You're exactly right. The new owners of Coralife and Tech Support "Stepped Up" immediately and took care of it. That's what Customer Service is all about. I'm in THAT field myself and it's so much easier (and cheaper) to do what's "Right" to take care of your customer and I can lay down my head and sleep at night knowing I didn't screw anyone over. I want everyone to know that Coralife has done an outstanding job once they were AWARE of the problem. They honestly sound like they are thrilled to help out to make me happy with the unit. On the other hand the vendor honestly is trying to make me out to be the bad guy here over a stinking cooling fan. I've got a few threads going in some of the local forums about SeaCorals and can't wait to hear what they have to say about my "Rebuttal". I'm LIVID when I read their initial rebuttal and how they make it out that they sent the replacement fan "8 months ago". Here are the ACTUAL tracking results of the faulty fan I sent to them that "They have not recieved yet"
Label/Receipt Number: 0307 1790 0000 8146 2394

Your item was delivered at 7:45 am on January 09, 2008 in LAKE JUNALUSKA, NC 28745.

Actually LIVID isn't even coming close. I have half a mind to print all of our emails out and send them all to the company with delivery rcpt so they can read them and see how ridiculous they look.

At least I do have a nice quiet "cooled" light fixture now thanks to Coralife's Tech Support team.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
**Update**

I filed a complaint with my Credit Union (where my debit card was issued) about this and will let yall know what comes out of it.

Sea Corals has YET to reply to my "Fact Filled" rebuttal in the complaint. I'm anxious to hear what they have to offer. It's been exactly a week now so either:

#1 Their email isn't working (as I tried to explain to them once before)
#2 They chose to ignore it
#3 They have checked into it and realize they are in the wrong and don't want to admit it
#4 All of the ABOVE and they simply are NOT worth a crap as a company

:)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Oh this is silly... here is what Sea Corals had the NERVE to post on the BBB rebuttal

Disagree completely. We stand behind all of our products. We clearly have sent valid tracking. Buyer has changed the dates numerous times to clearly make their story work to their benefit. (This time, however, it has backfired)

Valid tracking? Yeah they showed when I got the original FIXTURE but have YET to provide any slither of evidence that anything else has been shipped to me. I've not changed a DATE! I have clearly been up front and forth coming with them. Either way I know what the truth is and also know good and well that they are NOT very trust worthy and even the manufacturer has told me "In writing mind you" that they have NO record of such!

If we do not stand behind our products, why have we told the buyer numerous times, including in this dispute, that the item can be returned? Furthermore, why would we lie about simply contacting the manufacturer, a 5 minute job, when we have spent 30-40 minutes working on this case. It simply makes no sense what the buyer is stating.

Now they are stating it's Out Of Warranty! Well that's well and fine and I CAN accept that but it would have been nice to have known this in January when they asked me to ship the fan FROM my light fixture to them... I would have purchased the silly fan but that was not offered nor was replacing the fixture.... but the GOOD news is the manufacturer stepped up and TOOK care of the problem even knowing that Sea Corals wasn't going to. They've been aprised of this whole thing and I suspect there MAY be some "vendor" changes in the future. :)

Sea Corals is a dishonest and honestly not overly intelligent company. They've clearly changed their statements as I have provided FACTS. Save your money and go somewhere else!! Oh by the way... be sure to tell ANYONE who will listen what kind of company they are.. you can bet your bottom dollar I am.... :)