coralife light fixture issues

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Re: I need a phone #

Apparently Oceanis is now "Coralife" or something like that... grrrr

panmanmatt

They are now owned by the parent company Central garden and Pet, here is contact info for the corporate office:

CORPORATE OFFICE:
1340 Treat Boulevard,
Suite 600
Walnut Creek, CA 94597
(925) 948-4000

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF

thanks Boomer! I just found that while you were posting it. I wish they offered a phone # but they don't... oh well...

The company I bought the fixture from says that they "have delivery confirmation" that my replacement fan was shipped from coralife but they wont give the confirmation to me. I smell HAWG-WASH! I'm contacting them directly and asking for the "mysterious" confirmation.... :)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF

Thanks Matt! I'll call them Monday morning! Appreciate the information.....

heels92

I'm having a time with the company I bought my 10g light fixture from.

They are Welcome to Sea Corals - Real Aquarium Grade Coral & Rock and their customer service SUCKS!

I need a direct phone # or email addy for Coralife (As in light fixtures).

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Hey Al...It is funny that you say this...I have had great customer service from them. I have ordered a couple of things from them.

The are out of Lake Junaluska and Florida. I would call and ask for Mike there. He has been great for me. He is in their Florida warehouse though. If you do decide to call them and give them a second chance...pm me and let me know what happened.

He and I have talked a couple of times and loves the hobby...

Sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with them.

Darrell

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF

Hey Al...It is funny that you say this...I have had great customer service from them. I have ordered a couple of things from them.

The are out of Lake Junaluska and Florida. I would call and ask for Mike there. He has been great for me. He is in their Florida warehouse though. If you do decide to call them and give them a second chance...pm me and let me know what happened.

He and I have talked a couple of times and loves the hobby...

Sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with them.

Darrell
Thanks Darrell. Yeah they are only about 3 miles from where I am sitting right now.

Honestly I've contacted them several times and am don't have much more faith in them. This all started on 1/4/2008 and at this point I feel like I've just gotten the run around. Originally they said
Email from SeaCoarls 1/7/2008 said:
YOu would need to send it back to our shipping warehouse.

The address is:

Seacorals
PO Box 3
Lake Junaluska, NC 28745

Thank you. As soon as we receive it, another will be sent. The unit should be able to run without the fan with no issues, but make sure to monitor your tanks temp.

Seacorals
So of course I shipped it out early the next morning to them with "receipt confirmation". They got the package on 1/9/2008 and I waited to hear back. I sent several emails to them (from their website link) and got nothing back. I finally called and was told it was coming from the manufacturer and I should see it very soon. I also mentioned the email issue of "bounced emails" and really don't think they even paid that any attention. Then I tried emails again in late February with same results. Also got no reply at all. So I sent another email this week saying "This is my last attempt to contact you.....".

Late yesterday I got a fairly "strong reply" from them stating....
Email from SeaCorals 3/7/2008 said:
Coralife sent a new fan out to you, and they have delivery tracking that clearly shows it was delivered a month ago, furthermore, we responded to your email last week with this exact same response.

Please make sure no one else received your package as we have already replaced your fan.

Seacorals

So I immediately went through all of my emails included: Junkbox, Deleted (haven't cleaned Deleted since Early December) and did searches in ALL folders for "SeaCorals, Sea Corals, Asc-Designs etc" and the only emails I have from them are all nice and tidy in my email folder called "Bad Business" and I have nothing from them since middle of January. I'm very meticulous about everything I even have notes of the dates when I called and what transpired. I honestly feel like I'm getting the run around over this issue because they should have offered to give them this "Delivery confirmation" or a contact # so I can get in touch with Coralife directly. All I want is the fan replaced or if it's "Not Replaceable" under warranty I'll BUY the dang thing. I just want the fan... Is that unrealistic? I'll admit it's possible that this fan was delivered to my work and got mis-placed or if it was shipped to my house it could have been placed somewhere I can't find it but in my defense I have been MORE than patient. If this had happened to my customer (Yes I am IN the retail industry) I would have done anything in my power to make it right. Realistically I would have shipped a replacement fixture or something LONG before now. Lastly I would NOT have sent an email to a customer with THAT tone to it.

AL ESU aka Coralife is now Oceanic Systems
Thanks Jack. I called them last night but I was about 15 minutes after their phone recording says they close (I think it was 15 minutes) so I'll try them again on Monday morning. :)

:willis: Al do I have to scold you for not using a RS sponsor???
:
:lol: I bought this from what I THOUGHT was a reputable and local vendor. The irony is they charged me freight for shipping my light fixture as if it was across the country. I called and asked if I could pick it up since we are only literally a few miles apart and was told "These can ship from multiple locations so chances are it won't ship from your area to begin with." Well I emailed and asked for "Tracking #" upon shipment. I got that and guess where it DID ship from... yeah right here IN Haywood County 3 miles from my home and office. So do you think I'll do business with them again? Do you think I'm letting anyone who will listen (Or READ) know how crappy this is? You BETCHA! Until I am proven wrong in this I'll stand behind my belief that I'm getting jerked around!! Like I said earlier, this isn't how I do business and it's not how I want to be DONE!!

Thanks for reading and please if you have ideas or suggestions don't hesitate to put them here. If I'm "off-base" say so. I'm a big boy and can take it. Luckily I AM a Big Boy and will kick your butt is you are mean... :lol:

kimoy

this is one more of the many reasons I buy from my LFS. when I first started in this hobby and bought my first MH light fixture and after a 6 weeks one of the PC stopped working and I just went back to the LFS and he ordered me a replacement fixture and replaced the broken one instead of having it fixed. On top of that, It was already past 30 days which most, if not all LFS only guarantees up to 30 days, the owner still did not charge me a penny. Now that is customer service.

JoJo

Al, sorry about your troubles. Kimoy, you could get the same problems at lfs, TRUST ME! Glad to hear you're having good luck with yours

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF

Thanks JoJo!!

Yeah you're right. My LFS ended up "costing" me 3 light fixtures before I got one I was pleased with for my first tank. He kept selling me "what he HAD" instead of what I was asking for. I have to accept some blame for allowing him to "Talk me into " other things. The irony is that I honestly felt like this WAS local and I always try to buy local when I can. Oh well.. live and learn :)

JoJo

yea, we have alot of commercials about buying local. but the lfs around here suck! Dont feel bad Al, i think everyone has been "conned" by a lfs sometime. when i first started SW, i got talked into buying a skimmer ran by an air pump amoung other idiotic things.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF

Let me know if you get anywhere if no I will see what i can get done

Jack can you get me a contact #? I don't want you to do my leg work but I can't get ANYTHING from the company I bought it from and I have emailed the only person I have an email address for... he's gotten BOTH emails but hasn't replied to either.

See what you can do bro!! I'm getting flustered over here!!! :verymad: :mad: :verymad: :mad: :hammerhea

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF

I finally got lucky and HIT one on Google... still haven't talked to a LIVE human yet but I got a "mailbox" that sounded promising.

I called Oceanic Systems on their Warranty phone number at 1-800-255-4527 and asked explained I had a "Warranty issue" and was put into a mailbox. Hopefully I'll hear SOMETHING! At this point I'm willing to PAY for a fan but I need to know where, how, why I don't have the warranty replacement. Honestly if it WAS delivered and simply lost I don't mind buying this one. But as of right now I've seen NO evidence of the replacement being delivered anywhere.

Octoman

Did you try this Allen?

Central Garden & Pet Company 1340 Treat Boulevard, #600 Walnut Creek, California 94597 USA Tel: (925) 948-4000

reefer4200

heres who i called for my coralife lighting units when i broke the switch on my ballast. Phone number and email for warrranty...maybe they can direct you. I got a live person after two rings. Seemed nice...

800-255-4527 which is the number u have above...worked for me. Email i have is Sbull@central-aquatics.com

Goodluck...

Im still waiting on my damn switch, I sent them another email last night. Hopefully they respond i need my damn switch!!