Cioutlaws 225 gallon

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I wish I had something to take a picture of :( If its not family reunions(2) or weddings(5) its OT at work. Another setback is my 75G I ordered predrilled for a sump has taken FOREVER to get...supposed to be here tommorow....was also supposed to be here last week & the week before that.:guns: LFS.
Another setback was a good friend that I race with wrecked & broke his neck 3 days before HIS wedding! so ive been helping him out a lot too. Good news is he is much better, had his neck brace removed last week & is going to make a complete recovery.

Man I'm tired of just READING how busy you are. Whew!! You're a good man for helping a friend in need like that. Glad he's on his way to a full recovery. Where does NOT sound like fun.

Hopefully the SUMP comes today for you buddy. Can't wait to see it moving along again :) I think I have to partially blame you for My new tank :)

Allen

lcstorc

Glad your friend is doing better. Hope he makes a full recovery.
And darn it where is that sump? :)
Hope everything goes well.

cioutlaw

I think I have to partially blame you for My new tank :)

Allen

Ill take the blame:) I need to check out your chronical & see how the 90 is coming.

tank for the sump is in but I have to work the next 2 weeks straight, promise to post some pictures when i have something:thumbup:

Thanks Icstorc. it was pretty scary at first, they said best case he was going to be in a neck brace for 6 mo. & would be a year before he recovered & unlikely 100%. 1.5 mo later he is out of the brace & getting around good. He actually made it to his wedding 3 days after the accident but today remembers nothing...dont tell his wife LOL

cioutlaw

Man I'm tired of just READING how busy you are. Whew!! You're a good man for helping a friend in need like that. Glad he's on his way to a full recovery. Where does NOT sound like fun.

Hopefully the SUMP comes today for you buddy. Can't wait to see it moving along again :) I think I have to partially blame you for My new tank :)

Allen

cioutlaw

Ok my sump is finished, Im working 10 hr. days but I couldnt dissapoint BigAl any longer LOL

fuge to the right, skimmer area to the left & return in the middle
DSC01918.JPG

2 holes for 1" returns
DSC01919.JPG

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I like the looks of it. Glad you're able to find some time to work on it. It's going to be a MONSTER of a Beauty when it's all done.

How's your friend doing now?

Allen :)

cioutlaw

Im not real happy how the sump turned out, glass didnt fit real well & had to cut some acylic to help support it. On one hand Ive been thinking about cutting them out & getting new glass & the other says leave it alone its a sump & will work fine.:jabber:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I can see both sides. If it weren't "just a sump" I would suggest make it perfect but then again it's "just a sump" and as long as it "functions" as you desire it's all good.

Allen :)

cioutlaw

Just some updated pics.

75 gallon sump- I cut the dividers out & bought better fitting glass & i like it much more than my first attempt (2) 1" returns in the center section going to (2) 1200G external pumps. My current Euroreef skimmer will go on the right & an 18x16 fuge on the left.

DSC01962.JPG

Just finished the electrical today..placed outlets throughout close to the equipment.

DSC01965.JPG

2 switches work the lighting under the stand & the other will kill main pumps.

DSC01968.JPG

cioutlaw... Great job, I'm sort of envious.. You've done a really nice professional job of everything.. I'm certain it will look really awesome when you get to set it all up.. You've clearly put a lot of thought into your design (something I need to do a little more often)... I'll be keeping up with this thread to see it finally in place :)

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Very well done, nice and neat !
Also like how you divided the sump, did you drill the holes or use a glass shop ?

cioutlaw

Thanks searoyal & Cheeks. Cheeks I ordered the 75G tank drilled so it would still be covered under warrenty from Marineland. AGA will do it too but they take forever when doing custom work. I had my 120 custom drilled by AGA.

cioutlaw

Few shots from tonight

120 used to sit where the 225 is now. Temporarily moved Friday to allow me to lay new ceramic tile.
DSC02025.JPG

DSC02027.JPG

DSC02029.JPG

DSC02026.JPG