Cioutlaws 225 gallon

cioutlaw

Ive been really busy at work & Im building some commercial tank stands for an LFS display when I am at home but Ill get some pics soon. Not too many changes anyway. I know ive been busy when I come to RS & there are 17000 new post since my last visit!

TanksNStuff

Updates...all the stain is done & .

decided to make some small panels to cover the sides of the full width overflow, they velcro on.
DSC01902.JPG

Im going to leave the top open for now but we will see how it goes after 3 250w pendants & VHO actinics are on. thats a sliding light rack for the pendants.
DSC01903.JPG

{Removed a few pics from quote to save space.}

Can you explain how you made the black panels to cover the overflow wall, and how you velcro'd them on? I'm looking to add a glass overflow wall and was trying to figure out how to hide the piping behind it.

I may end up just buying 1/4" black acrylic sheet and just using that (held by silicone.)

I'm guessing you just used 1/8" black acrylic, cut the teeth, then stuck them onto the glass wall with velcro some how? Any pics of how you made the attachments?

cioutlaw

Can you explain how you made the black panels to cover the overflow wall, and how you velcro'd them on? I'm looking to add a glass overflow wall and was trying to figure out how to hide the piping behind it.

I may end up just buying 1/4" black acrylic sheet and just using that (held by silicone.)

I'm guessing you just used 1/8" black acrylic, cut the teeth, then stuck them onto the glass wall with velcro some how? Any pics of how you made the attachments?

Sorry I didnt see this post till now, if its not too late. The black acrylic was cut by the tank builder but yes its just 1/4" sheet with teeth cut into it & siliconed to the glass. The size & amount of teeth could make a considerable difference in water level. I had to open mine up some to allow more flow. The sides made of wood to match the stand & canopy is what was velcroed. Dont think velcro would do well under water.

JoJo

outlaw, whats new with the tank? please post some pics, you know how much i love your tank

cioutlaw

outlaw, whats new with the tank? please post some pics, you know how much i love your tank

Not much new besides equipment, I was still running stuff from my 120G & it wasnt keeping up. Bought a Euroreef RC500, Geo calcium reactor & the new Reefkeeper Elite controller. I will get some pics soon, thanks for the compliment JoJo.

cioutlaw

Just looking at some old pictures & couldnt believe how big my Sailfin tang has got. Color has really changed too. Ive had him about 2 years.

baby pics
DSC01792.JPG

Taken in the last couple months
DSC02394.JPG

DSC02405.JPG