Cespitularia "Blue Xenia"!

vdituri

Vicki, instead of glass you can get small pieces of ceramic tile.
they have small octagons, probably circles too. usually about 1". Then you could just have the xenia grow over the tiles. As the tiles are coated in glass essentially, it should give you the same results with out having to remove them later.

lcstorc

Great ideas everybody. I loce the way we are all willing to help around here. It is what makes this place so special.

funkpolice

I would say that gettting the coral to "frag it's self" would be better than cutting it up. I just put rubble around my Xenia, and it divides onto it. I wish you success.
bill

GSELLERS

Has been struck by the ban stick
i would like a frag...im in 33511 florida, lemme know how much shipped if you are still frgging thankyou
~Glenn~

plecosword

wow thats really coool! you know, I saw these white ones on bluezoo.
I have never seen blue ones though:white:

sambrinar

BTW I got one of these from DR. F & S it came over night in A LOT of water, with a piece of styrofoam on the bottom of the frag so that it would float no matter how the box got "banged around" been in my tank for about 1 month and getting huge!!!!

Very beautiful indeed. I wanted to remove it from the frag rock, but I am too chicken (was going to do it yesterday) now after reading this, I am glad I didn't.

Techno-Vicki

I am back from vacation, and already Jack is cracking the whip! Anyway, letting everyone know that I will be shipping to Allen in the next day or two and then taking orders. I have p.m.'d a few of you. If any are interested, just p.m. me.

Vicki

Techno-Vicki

There has been a great deal of interest in my xenia, and understandably. I have my insulated shipping boxes, now I am only waiting for the regulartor for the oxygen tank to get out of the shop. Jack, when did the guy say it would be ready? If you are interested in the corals, you can contact me through regular email: vicki_murray@hughes.net

Thank you everyone who has ordered and are patiently waiting.

Vicki

sambrinar

Question on this Vicki, I have one of these and was gonna frag it for my friend. I have never done this before, but have researched it. Did you cut yours off at one of the branches and glue it to a stone??? I don't want to kill the thing, it wasn't cheap

Mine was a frag, has gotten rather big, has about 5-6 branches and is about 4-5 inches high. should I wait??

Thanks

Techno-Vicki

Hi Brenda,
I have cut them off and tried to rubber band them to the frag disk, but they end up slipping out and floating away. Now I have the contained in a frag basket, but I am still cutting them. It takes about a week for them to heal, and another 2 weeks to really attach and become strong. You will not hurt the parent by cutting it as long as you have moderate flow (same goes for the frags). The flow helps keep the bacteria from forming on the slime. Good luck to you and keep propagating!

Techno-Vicki

Well, I am shipping tomorrow to Catalyst and Allen. Catalyst lives in CA and therefore, things should go well. Allen lives on the 'other' coast and we will let everyone know what happens. I will take pics of the frags I am shipping tomorrow. Hopefully, Bonnie and Allen take pics of their arrival condition as well and how they fair over the next month or so. Once I know how these two do, I will get the rest of the orders out. Thank you all for your patience!!!

Vicki and Jack

Techno-Vicki

Blake, here are my costs:

1" 35.00
2" 55.00
3" 75.00
These prices are well below current prices you can get anywhere.
Vicki