Cespitularia "Blue Xenia"!

sambrinar

Blake, here are my costs:

1" 35.00
2" 55.00
3" 75.00
These prices are well below current prices you can get anywhere.
Vicki

thanks Vicki, her prices are great, I bought mine it was 2" for 89.00, she is definately giving you a good deal!!!! Very beautiful coral, picts do not give it justice

Techno-Vicki

thanks Victor and Brenda!
I shipped out to Allen and Catalyst yesterday afternoon, and they were overnight, so sometime today they will arive. This is a first time shipping xenia, so we will see what happens. The first three pictures are of: 1) one of my parents (it has the most blue coloration - it can take time for them to gain color and they appear bluest when viewed top down), 2) a rather large frag I am trying to grow into another parent, and 3) Catalyst's frag (she got a one inch)
clove10001_1.jpg

xlg_blue_xenia_frag.jpg

clove10001_4.jpg

Techno-Vicki

these three are:
1) a closeup of Catalysts (she got a bonus - one of my baby metalic green clove polyps attached itself)
2) Allen's frag - he got a larger size so that he can propagate himself
3) a picture of the green clove polyps I also propagate. I love these corals.

I hope the corals arrive safely. I shipped with pure oxygen, in insulated boxes (they were hard to find so when you get a shipping box keep it to send a friend a frag:dance: ), and attached to styrofoam so that they remained in water.

Something to think about for those of you in similar areas back east: do a group ship and then you will save. It is very costly to ship overnight using FedEx. Here in CA and surrounding states, Jack has a really good shipping rate using CA Overnight.

Again,
Thank you everyone for your patience!!!
Vicki
cats_frag_2.jpg

clove10001.jpg

clove10001_2.jpg

CATALYST

It's here! It's here! The door bell rang at about 8:15. I took pics of the box as I opened it and I have it floating the fuge for a spell.

Techno-Vicki

I will wait for pics regarding how the xenias faired - waiting patiently, ok not patiently, come on Allen, Cat, at least p.m. if it is bad news. I really want to know.

I am impressed how fast they got there: I went to FedEx for Allen (at 3:00) and the CA Overnight for Cat (3:30). I figured they will not have as much wait time or heat if I shipped at the last possible minute.

CATALYST

Well, we had a mishap with a nosy cat so into the tank it went, partially acclimated. It's starting to open up. The fish are curious. Everything is going rather well.

Techno-Vicki

Yeah!!!! I will p.m. the others who requested a frag when I get back from appointments today.

Allen, how about yours? how is he doing?

Bonnie, did you see the baby green clove? Those actually go for anywhere between 4.00 a polyp to 20.00. Of course, I do not play that game.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Mine looked slightly "PO'ed" but it's floating right now. I'll be home again in a few minutes and will start the "Acclimation".

EXCELLENT packaging (I'm saving it for OBVIOUS reason). I'll take pics and post an update later this evening :)

SeahorseBT

Great prices! They open up don't they? In all those pics they are closed.How much would shipping be for one 1 inch frag to 60048? Hw much are the cloves? They are nice, and what lighting are these under? Would they look similar underT5's?

Techno-Vicki

What is interesting is the heads don't open like the pulsing xenia. I am really hoping some of you who live relatively close to one another go in on shipping to one place. Anyone who is beyond neighboring states to CA, it is FedEx and very expensive. That is one of the reasons I put it in such a small box for Bonnie. It did save on shipping, and I am glad to see that it is doing pretty well. If it were melting, you would be able to see it right away. Things look good. Allens, I am not surprized it is po'd; however, I am hopping it is not melting. Allen what is the temp in your area right now?

I will get back to everyone after 4:00. Go to take care of some things.

CATALYST

Mine is definitely not melting right now. It is standing up straighter all the time. The little polyp guy closed back up but I just fed everyone so maybe it caught something. I'll take some pics later today for ya. I tried to take the pic of it next to the other pink xenia I have.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
If it were melting, you would be able to see it right away. Things look good. Allens, I am not surprized it is po'd; however, I am hopping it is not melting. Allen what is the temp in your area right now?

I will get back to everyone after 4:00. Go to take care of some things.

I've seen it melt before and upon opening the package (did I mention how GREAT the packaging was? :D) they weren't melting. The water seemed warmer than I would have liked.. right now it's a chilly 89 degrees but when it came off the delivery truck it was WAY warmer than that. The actual water temp seemed to be about that but the packaging itself was a lot warmer. That's why I floated the bags trying to slow the SHOCK yet not extend the travel. We'll see but it's looking very promising.

:)

CATALYST

I didn't measure the water temp when it got here but I floated it for about 45 mins. It didn't feel overly warm. The packaging was awesome. The box was a little soggy but the styrofoam floating worked great.

Techno-Vicki

Thank you Allen and Bonnie! I appreciate all of your comments and specific details. Allen, I would have thought yours would have been cooler because of high altitude flight temps. Learn something new all the time. I am running the temp in the prop tank on the high side because softies can handle it, working to develop corals that can handle different temps, and shipping issues. I am glad to hear all is going well.:bluenod:

Packaging: I am working on getting the right size coolant to ship with. I used ice in ziplocks this time because the ones I have were too large. In CA, I will go small, back east, I will go larger.

Again, thanks so much Bonnie and Allen!!!!!

Vicki

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Blues are pouting but look better. They may take a day to get over the shipping trama but as of this writing ALL is good.

Vicki we'll arrange back shipment next week :)