Cespitularia "Blue Xenia"!

Techno-Vicki

Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday! I was in San Jose all day and when we got home last night at 7:30, I forgot about it:eek:h: I went to bed last night at 11:00, and never really got to sleep. At 12:30, I remembered it. I got it out of the box, it looks good and put it in my DT tank to float. At 1:30, I put it in the tank. I started teh experiment at 5:30 evening on Saturday, so, in reality it went for 54 hours. I took pics last night, and I will later this morning. Everything looks good! I am shocked. Although it does not look all that excited, it doesn't look bad:bluenod: I have to go out until about 12:00 today, and when I get back, I will post all the pics - and probably get anyone elsses order who wants one. I think I only have 2 right now, but I will have more in a couple of weeks.

Techno-Vicki

Well, I am waiting for a phone call, so I thought I would post the pictures. The first is in the bag just after I took it out. The other is last night at 1:30, and the last one is at 6:15 this morning. No, I did not get any sleep last night. lol
12-thirty-am.jpg

in-tank.jpg

one-thirdy-am.jpg

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Great work Vicki! I think 2-day is VERY doable for this one. I know some of the Xenia I have were shipped to me "USPS" priority (2-3day) and it pouted but opened up and then took off to the races multiplying pretty soon.

Keep me posted. I'll do whatever is needed :D

Techno-Vicki

i mean the middle one is this morning at 6:15 and the last one is at 1:30, no sleep. lol can't even type straight this morning.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Sounds like a plan to me. Just to "play it safe" let's plan on me getting them TO the shipper Monday. It's Tuesday now and I don't have them "aired" or even bagged. This gives more of a "whoops" cushion on time if I ship Monday for a Wednesday delivery.

I'm STOKED About this!!

Amphibious

WooHoo!!! Just tracked my shipment, Vicki, and it is "On FedEx vehicle for delivery". Should be here before noon. Thank you!!!

Techno-Vicki

Dick, you are sooooooooo welcome!!! I sent you a little present:) Too bad we didn't wait until I finished my little experiment. We could have saved you some money.

Amphibious

They have arrived and are on a slow drip. Has anyone ever noticed how poorly Xenia look when first arriving? One bunch is standing erect and looks better than the others. All this is normal of course. Packaging was great. Got a surprise, too. Thanks Vicki.

I'll post pics after they recover.

Dick

Amphibious

LOL, I was typing while you were posting. I'm not sure I'd do anything but overnight.

Thanks for the note, I agree with what you said, 100%!

Dick

Techno-Vicki

You are so welcome! Here is something else. Place the xenia directly against the glass. They will attach and then sprout off shoots. That seems to be the best way to propagate. They don't grow as fast otherwise.

Amphibious

OK, they are in the tank and not looking too bad. The Clove Polyps are beginning to show themselves. I'm so happy I could just... :dance:

Dick