Cespitularia "Blue Xenia"!

Techno-Vicki

Nope, no quake. Once every few years, if it is really bad, we feel a slight quake. The quake was in L.A. and we are north east of that.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Vicki how's things going today?

My "Blues" looked GREAT last night. A snail had knocked them off the "Frag Rack" a couple days ago and I hadn't moved them back yet. Well apparently they LOVE where they are because they have really opened up majorly and their color looks AMAZING! I tried to snap a pic but the glass was more "Dirty" than clean and the camera kept getting the GLASS instead of the corals. Then "life" kicked in and I never got back to them. They are now in a higher flow area than they were on the rack. Maybe they like the direct flow which contradicts what I've always read about them....

Techno-Vicki

Thanks Gerard!

Very excited! My son is working on my new website: www.reefmagic.net it will be a week before it is ready. Everyone can buy directly off of the site and it will have shipping information there as well (the boy is good:) proud mom here. My niece has agreed to help with the corals and she is getting her degree in marine biology. I hope she becomes the primary owner someday. She is a doll. Yep, all in the family:)
Vicki

Techno-Vicki

Well, vacation is over:( and now instead of just working on my degree, I have work as well. I will only be online once in a while, but Jack will be posting on Aquatic Aggression for Reef Magic; basically, he will be in charge and handling things while I am otherwise occupied. It is all good:) He will always tell me what is going on, and I will try to post once in a while. Reef Magic sells primarily out of his shop anyway, so in reality, we are one business. I will still care for the corals and visit online, but Jack is the man in charge.

A note on the blue xenia: I lost 2 of my parent stock, and here is why: I was/am still cutting to start frags, but I moved them into a low flow. Because they were sliming from the cuts, bacteria was able to exist. They melted in 2 days. Once they start to melt, even moving them into better flow did not stop the melt down. Also, I had a drastic change in salinity in my DT tank and those parents were very stressed; however, they did not die. Those of you who are deciding to grow them, they are hands down a more difficult coral to raise. That may be why they are so rare. Beautiful, but rare, and I am glad Ile to get them into good hands, those of you who bought and are trying to raise them.

P.M. me or email me at: vicki_murray@hughes.net my email is easy for me to respond to and I can get back to you in 24 hours. P.M.s are harder and take longer. Any questions, concerns, thoughts, and I will always get back to you.

Vicki

Basser1

Well Vicki, I'm glad I had the opportunity to work with you. I'm sorry to hear about your blue xenia, hopefully they'll recover. I'm very pleased with my frag and it is looking very good. Good luck with your studies and work!

Techno-Vicki

Thank you Gerard! It was fun, and what is your accent? Texas? Southern? Love to see pics of the frag!! Keep them growing:)

Basser1

Thank you Gerard! It was fun, and what is your accent? Texas? Southern? Love to see pics of the frag!! Keep them growing:)

Thanks, Vicki. I don't know what you would call my accent, LOL! I'm actually from New York! But I've lived down here long enough, I guess I picked up the brogue. Where we live, we border Kentucky, now talk about talking Southern!

I'm gonna give the xenia a few more days and I'll post some pics, just did a water change today! But they're lookin' great!

Basser1

Just thought I'd post some pics of the blue xenia frag I got from Vicki. It's settled in nicely and growing, it must like my tank or something! :)

Pic with MH and actinics On, No Flash
hpim2572ee1.jpg

Pic with Flash Actinics On
hpim2568lw3.jpg

Pic with Flash MH and Actinics On
hpim2566fh6.jpg