Cespitularia "Blue Xenia"!

sambrinar

Vikki, my blue has creeped across the plug and onto the rock. Looks like the blob, and growing very well. I was wondering if you think I can use a razor and cut it free of the main one on the plug, lift up the rest off the plug and move the main one to another location?

Here is a pict. this was from last week, it has gotten alot farther onto the rock now

Or do you think I can peel it up from the plug completely and get it to attach to the rock

bluexenia91808.jpg

thanks

DVNO

i have some blue xenia as well but mine have a faded purple color. they do not look how they did when i first saw them(light blue and pink). does anyone know why this could be?
I have them high in the tank under 250 watt mh and high flow.
ps what do u feed your xenia?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I've got Xenia growing on top of Xenia and feed them nothing. PRovide them with good water quality, med flow and ample light.

The color difference could be from a different type or spectrum of bulb. I just installed a 20K MH bulb in one of my fixtures and WOW it made some of the coral really change colors (at least to my eyes).

Techno-Vicki

I am sorry to say that I no longer have any. My prop tank had a major problem when I did a water changer. The motor froze up. This was at night. I put a recirculating pump in the tank, thought I had everything taken care of, but the water was siphoned out by either a check-valve problem or a uv issue. Not sure, because I did not design the setup. I wish I had paid more attention when it was put together. It was not a good situation and I lost most of my corals. The few that I was able to save I am working on a very small prop tank, and I no longer sell retail. I only am selling locally to one fish store. This all happened a few months ago. Not good, but things are better now.

ted5240

Believe it or not. I walked into a LFS and found 4 frags of this Blue Xenia for $15 each. I quickly bought a piece about the size of two silver dollars. Wow does this stuff look good. It took a day or so to perk up, but when it did, it was amazing. The color is captivating. Oh yeah, it's only been 3 days since it was added to my tank and it's already starting to spread. If you get the opportunity to buy this coral, do so.