Bryan's 120 Reef

Poriferan

Looks Great!! does the coraline stop growing that distance from the water line or do you just choose to clean it a couple inches down?

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Looks Great!! does the coraline stop growing that distance from the water line or do you just choose to clean it a couple inches down?

You know it does that on its own and it doesn't grow on my overflow, really weird!

Thanks Kevin, ca reactor install this weekend so I'm hoping for a growth explosion. Also looking to upgrade my gen 1 radions to the gen 2. Was wanting to go for the pros but at $300 a light I can't see the benefit of the extra color LEDs. The main ones are the same between each

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Yeah everything is starting to make a move.....just funny how it takes the frags some time to start growing. probably something i'm doing but i hope the ca reactor is the last piece of the stability equation.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Just an update:
Got my SRO 1000 calcium reactor up and running and it is holding my alk right around 8.3 dkh so I am very happy with that. The water blaster pump that comes with it is super quiet so that's a plus.

Ordered the Gen2 radion upgrades and tried to install them this weekend. After about 3 hours of trying to get one of them working i threw in the towel and called it defective. Spoke with Ecotech today and they are overnighting a new one to me

For now i have one gen 2 and a gen 1 on the tank. Only running at 40% power due to the different intensity/par readings and at first glance I can see a noticeable difference in the light penetration and "possible" better color on some corals. While the trouble of getting a new one is a hassle, it is nice to be able to see the difference between the two.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
A pic of my trifecta...... Fav corals

3E279764-7B0B-4EA7-8539-E5DD1E3DD05A-1252-0000010A19AB943E_zps538bc0fc.jpg

Choff

Awesome! Whats the one on the right? A piece of that might need to fall off and make it's way north. :D

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Thanks Mike! It's my bubble gum millie......it's quite the slob and grows pretty well. Don't mind breaking a piece off!