FirstAttempt027.jpg

FirstAttempt043.jpg

FirstAttempt036.jpg

FirstAttempt039.jpg

FirstAttempt040.jpg

FirstAttempt041.jpg

FirstAttempt043.jpg

FirstAttempt047.jpg

I can see this getting addicting! This is the generic lens but I have a better one to try as well so we will see! I have a lot to learn but it is way better than the iPhone!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Thanks Glenn......I got tired of saying "the pics don't do it justice"!

steved13

PREMIUM
Looks great Bryan. The purple tang looks to be in great shape!! Very nice Tridacna, great color.

It all is looking very nice.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Thanks Steve, it seems to be coming together as of late. The clam is beautiful but hasn't grown an inch in the year I've had him.

StirCrayzy

Bryan, It looks awesome! You got a nikon right?
Ive been satisfied with my canon kit lens so far, but tried out a macro tube extension, and definately will be getting one myself.
It was recommended highly by Dave & Tracy (uslanja) and im sure youve seen their handiwork.
Some shots you could easily mistake for a $600 dedicated macro lense.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Thanks man! It is a Nikon d5100. Nice little addition to my addiction.

Just bought a ywg, pistol shrimp, green mandarin, spotted dragonet and a mystery wrasse.

Pics tomorrow!

steved13

PREMIUM
Bryan, if you haven't seen it, Nikon has a 40mm macro that sells for around $280. I don't have one but I'm thinking about it for tank shots.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Bryan, if you haven't seen it, Nikon has a 40mm macro that sells for around $280. I don't have one but I'm thinking about it for tank shots.

Interesting.......i want to start looking at pics of what a macro lens does.....how much better is it than my 18-55mm lens. Or is it light years different?

got some lessons last night with the blues on the tank........got some pretty neat pictures.

Hopefully when i get home all my new fish are out swimming around.......and Mr. Purple isnt being a bully,

steved13

PREMIUM
Someone feel free to correct me, i probably have this all wrong, but from what I've noticed is many times a lens won't focus at the distance I want, I either need to move closer which is extremely close or move farther away (which I the need to crop). With a macro I think you can get more the distance that is more desirable for coral and fish pics.

Cyclist

Yeah Willie - there are definitely varying levels of stands and the lady wants it to be more like a piece of furniture so we went this route. I was going to build it myself and buy the tools and still save a few hudred bucks but in the end I wanted a stand versus something looking like an 8 year old's tree fort!

Love your stand, I think I am going to steal the design for a nuvo 38g mini

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Finally set up my WXM module today.....it's been collecting dust for the past 6 months due to my laziness.

Set up the mp 40's to run on reefcrest with the other in antisync.....I like what it does. I'll probably look to add a 2 hour nutrient transport mode in there somewhere if it makes sense.

The maids are at the house now so it gives me 3 hours to sit downstairs (out of their way) to play for a bit!

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Picture one of my new Sanjay's Midnight Black Photon Clownfish....just went into the tank so i'm leaving the lights off.

sanjays_zps42909888.jpg

More to come later.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Congrats on the new beautiful clowns ! Look forward to more pics of them ! Post some bigger ones :)

Did you get them from Divers Den? I have been reading about them... "These fish are a hybrid between a Female Onyx Percula and Male ORA Midnight Black Ocellaris."

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Yes sir, divers den is the only place to get them. Sanjay sold his mated pair to dd