Bryan's 120 Reef

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Just an update on the old thread.
Fired up the bio pellets about 4-6 weeks ago, playing havoc with my skimmer......constant adjustments to prevent overflowing so I hope it calsm down soon. The good news is that my dino is receding (wasn't a huge issue to begin with) and I feel the water quality is maintaining really well. Picked up a reef exotic rainbow acro and a rainbow granulosa and both are growing with the granulosa showing the rainbow colors which is always a gamble! Also got a few jems from Reggie so once they acclimate and color, I'll post some pics.

My female blue star died the other day though......her "sister" kept on bullying her until she would go into the sand, tried everything to stop it but her frail body finally gave in.......so I bought 3 more!

I'll see how they do.....need to add some things to my order so i'm thinking of getting a clam and a gorgonia then my buying spree is over :) I have a little one coming in May so I need to get the tank on auto pilot as best as possible for a few months.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Congrats on the up coming new baby Bryan & Mom !
fam11.gif
One of life's greatest joys I have had is being dad. Tip for you & mom on the new bundle of joy... get caught up on your sleep ;)

and congrats on the new blue stars

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I'll add pics over the next couple of days but I'll start with my potters wrasse, absolutely stunning fish!
5851B8B8-CA79-4249-8A76-2466B072AFDB-6815-00000363481CDB8A_zpsb6c149ba.jpg

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Wow, that is a purtty fish!

Also congrats to you and your wife on the new baby! Sorry I'm always the last to find out about these things. LOL

Ok :threadjack: ....What bio pellet reactor did you choose and so far, how are you diggin in?

Choff

When is your wife due?

I need to figure out how much time I have to come to with a plan to steal your tank intact and get it to my house.

...stupid auto correct

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Wow, that is a purtty fish!

Also congrats to you and your wife on the new baby! Sorry I'm always the last to find out about these things. LOL

Ok :threadjack: ....What bio pellet reactor did you choose and so far, how are you diggin in?

Thanks! I have the RO BP 110 I believe. I like it but it is a little finiky to get the flow to come out the bottom evenly.......which is needed to evenly tumble the BPs....just takes a little to find the right setting.

When is your wife due?

I need to figure out how much time I have to come to with a plan to steal your tank intact and get it to my house.

...stupid auto correct

End of May so you better hurry! Your tank will soon be nicer than mine so keep what you have, just stop changing it every 2 weeks :)

hey!that potters looks just like mine!

I think mine is bigger than yours :)

Very cool potters wrasse - great colors !

Thanks Glenn.....she is a looker for sure!

reeferman

I think mine is bigger than yours :)

well i'll just have to come up to Boston and we'll break out the tape measures.i can hear it now,"my wrasse is bigger than your wrasse",we better be glad we have very understanding wives lol :)

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
As long as I can use "my" tape measure I'm more the open to the competition :)

reeferman

youve told me about your measuring methods,its a rigged contest already.i told you we have to use "real" inches lol

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I also picked up a blue linkia which my peppermint shrimp seems to enjoy eating.... Not sure if he is going to make it but I really like him and would love to keep one.