Bangaii Breeding..Here we go, We got Eggs..

jellyman

Well today was sad for me..I am missing one of my banggais..not my mated pair, but a smaller male I had before I got my pair...I have looked everywhere and cant find him...I dont think he is gonna turn up anytime, no where for him to hide this long.. :cry1:

Was the othwer male in with the mated pair?

SeaMunky

Hey Jelly..long time no see my friends..hope all is well..

Yes he was in with mated pair..has been since day 1..never bothered each other..he just disappeared..

SeaMunky

Pic of babies today
IMG_0143.jpg

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Great job with the breeding! Took me some time to get through this thread, but it warmed my heart! :)

SeaMunky

Scott...Thank you so much for taking the time to read my thread..These little guys are soo awesome, I sure hope I get a second chance with them at some point, my male is just not working with me lately..lol

Blake: Thank you so much for the kind words my friend :)

Update:.Well my male had a new moutful on Sunday morning, and it is gone this morning..At this point..I really have no idea whats going on with him..They are now the only fish in the tank..so it cant be from stress due to tankmates...
I really am stumped now...

SeaMunky

Woohoo...Good Morning my friends..

Well I am now on day 3 of Dad holding a new mouthful..I didnt want to post day 1 incase I was jinxing myself and making him swallow them..hahahah..and it is the biggest yet..I know I say that everytime, but I am not kidding...lol..He is swollen from his lip tiips, right down this throat to his belly almost..doesnt look like he can even move..hahaha..
I did some reading, and I found that their egg holding space increases by 10 percent each time untill they cant make room for anymore, and the same with the female , as she gets better at spawning she will produce more eggs as she goes..

I will post pics after work..
Hope everyone has a great day :)

SeaMunky

Well still going strong..hes holding them still...he looks kinda uncomfortable though...constantly rolling them around..more than the first batch..
He doesnt swim around much this time either..mostly stays motionless in the archway of rocks..
Keeping an eye on him though...

hold on just got five of these cardinals they breed because i know i can't handle that i got 2 year old daughter that kick my butt lol

BLAKEJOHN

hold on just got five of these cardinals they breed because i know i can't handle that i got 2 year old daughter that kick my butt lol

Yes they will breed. If you dont take the steps to keep the fry alive they will just become taste little treats for the rest of the tank.

You wont have more unless you want them.

SeaMunky

Hey friends..

Well sad to report..He friggin did it again..I am getting so frustrated..lol..I dont know why he keeps swallowing them, or whatever it is he is doing with them, but he ate last night when I fed the tank, so they are gone..
Jelly??..Can you give me any insight on this?..Anything I can do?..
Its not cuz hes hungry, he eats like a pig all the time..lol..

jellyman

Hey friends..

Well sad to report..He friggin did it again..I am getting so frustrated..lol..I dont know why he keeps swallowing them, or whatever it is he is doing with them, but he ate last night when I fed the tank, so they are gone..
Jelly??..Can you give me any insight on this?..Anything I can do?..
Its not cuz hes hungry, he eats like a pig all the time..lol..

I wish I had some words of wisdom but unfortunately I have no idea??? Ive had mine let babies go and be full with eggs again within a week so I know they can go long periods without much food. For some reason the eggs are just not being fertilized or he feels the conditions are not right. Who knows??