"Balling Method" for supplementing

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Ahh, thats too bad :-(.
Seems that you'll have to stick to the "Balling light" variation, without using NaCl-free salt and with trusting the weekly say 10% waterchange to correct the displacement. Many people here do so.

Ralf

Too bad indeed :( but at least I have an alternative.

Anselth

Wow...This conversation really tells me how little I know. I have been reading the tread and still have no idea what you all are "really" talking about.

Are there marine biologists in this thread?

I am! But I haven't digested all the info yet...I really should look at this a bit more closely when I get some time.

ScubaDrew

I found a way!

So my question is - how much of this salt do we need? I found some bulk quantities, but I need an idea how much we will need, and how often.

Shipping: 10kg costs 45 euro, 20 kg 70 euro.

Thanks,

Drew

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I found a way!

So my question is - how much of this salt do we need? I found some bulk quantities, but I need an idea how much we will need, and how often.

Shipping: 10kg costs 45 euro, 20 kg 70 euro.

Thanks,

Drew

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

WAy to go Drew!!!!

No clue on amount....

BarbMazz

It's a very expensive time to do this, today the dollar is at $1.54, and that's the bank rate. I'll bet you'd have to pay $1.60 or more. That's a LOT.

Is that price product shipped, or the shipping only?

44lbs for a bit more than $108.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
We need a big silo of it! Like those salt silos you see on the side of the road that look like Madonna's brassier!:lol:

ScubaDrew

Hello, I'm confident I can offer the following:

1x 1.8 kg Tropic marine pro Special mineral (HMA indicates 1kg would be enough for 1.5 - 2 years, so we're talking almost 3.5-4 years of salt for a 115 gal)

I'm happy to provide this product to my RS friends at cost - since I'll be learning about balling along with all of you. I think right now about $75 but that might come down once I get solid shipping and euro to dollar numbers.

If your interested in ordering some, let me know. I might also consider splitting these containers up, since a 4 years supply seems a bit excessive.

prospecmin.jpg

Scooterman

For the guys using this method, how well is it working out?
Also overall cost of setting up? This sorta reminds me of the two or three part solutions dosing, is it similar?

Thanks!

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thank you Heinz!

Hello, I'm confident I can offer the following:

1x 1.8 kg Tropic marine pro Special mineral (HMA indicates 1kg would be enough for 1.5 - 2 years, so we're talking almost 3.5-4 years of salt for a 115 gal)

I'm happy to provide this product to my RS friends at cost - since I'll be learning about balling along with all of you. I think right now about $75 but that might come down once I get solid shipping and euro to dollar numbers.

If your interested in ordering some, let me know. I might also consider splitting these containers up, since a 4 years supply seems a bit excessive.

prospecmin.jpg

Excellent! Thanks again Drew :dance:
I would like to purchase one please.
Can it be found on your site?
Do you take American Express?

:)

Woodstock

RS STAFF
For the guys using this method, how well is it working out?
Also overall cost of setting up? This sorta reminds me of the two or three part solutions dosing, is it similar?

Thanks!

I do not have all of it set up just yet on my reef but Heinz' and Ralfp's reef tanks are nothing short of AMAZING! Both use this system.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I will let you know how it goes for sure.

I ordered mine! :dance: No rush Drew... I still need to gather several other ingredients plus decide on a doser....
Thank you! And CONGRATULATIONS FOR being the first to offer it in the US!!! :thumbup: