"Balling Method" for supplementing

Anselth

Of course they are. But the automation will be well worth it. This will wait til I'm in a permanent location though...Just going to follow along.

Craig Manoukian

Fabulous discovery process here. Special thanks to our German brethren for teaching us the Force and leading us from the dark side!

hma

Fabulous discovery process here. Special thanks to our German brethren for teaching us the Force and leading us from the dark side!

YoungMaster.jpg

No fear, we are with You LoL :surrender:

RalfP

Hello Doni Marie,

ask Tropic Marine USA where you can buy - Tropic Marine Pro Special Mineral - in the USA. They should be able to tell you a Shop. Or Marine Depot, they sell quite various TM products.

BTW .... here is a link in UK : TMC: Aquarium Products - Tropic Marin Aquarium Additives

Hi,
unfortunately TM states on their site, that it's not available in the U.S.
Tropic Marin
Ralf

edit: gnaa, framesets... Tropic Marin Pro-Special Mineral is the frame with the statement.

prow

well, just check my email and seachem replied to my email, here it is below. looks like no go. i think the guy has seen the balling method but sounds like he has no idea on how it works. anyway here was there reply

REMOTE_HOST: 75.28.129.22> HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; >Windows NT 5.1; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR >2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30)

Hello,We do not have a salt that is not predominately NaCl. The content of natural sea water is sodium and chloride, both respectively are third and fourth in the most abundant elements in sea water. I have seen a few tanks set up for the balling method and it looks great, but unfortunately we do not have a salt to recreate the marine environment without NaCl. This is the ppm of sodium and chloride of the Reef Salt: Chloride 19336Sodium 10752 It is made that way to fully replicate natural sea water.

Thank you,Seachem

Support10202 Tech Support~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Seachem Laboratories, Inc.1000 Seachem Drive, Madison, GA 30650888-SEACHEM Fax 706-343-6070seachem.com - jurassipet.com - watergardenoasis.com - avipet.com~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

prow

its not looking so good. doni maybe posting a bunch of "anyone using the balling metod in the USA" thread could help. come to think of it i dont anyone in here that uses this method.

heels92

Wow...This conversation really tells me how little I know. I have been reading the tread and still have no idea what you all are "really" talking about.

Are there marine biologists in this thread?

prow

maybe we should pull together and start a new NaCl- free RS bagged and tagged salt mix:) we could write off 100% of the start up costs and differ any loss to future years:D follow our leaders lead.;)

BarbMazz

I have sent many emails but no one carries the NaCl-free salt here in the USA :( :(

Shoot! I've been following along and thinking "Cool! I'll do this when my tank starts needing supplementation!"

Craig, get going on that entreprenerial thinking!

RalfP

I have sent many emails but no one carries the NaCl-free salt here in the USA :( :(

Ahh, thats too bad :-(.
Seems that you'll have to stick to the "Balling light" variation, without using NaCl-free salt and with trusting the weekly say 10% waterchange to correct the displacement. Many people here do so.

Craig, already sent an email to Seachem, asking, how big the batch will have to be for them, to produce it for you? ;-))

Ralf