"Balling Method" for supplementing

RalfP

Ralf, I didn't know we could order directly from Grotech! I was planning on ordering my TECH III from Aquarium & Pond products from SeaMe.com - For hobbyist & professional - Only the best is good enough
I couldn't find those bumps here in the US either :rolleyes:

FYI.. I just sent an email to AquariumObsessed (only USA distributor :( ) and DarkLordCoral.

Seems that they don't (Grotech) :-(
I was misleaded by their english menu in the onlineshop, but even the term&condition page behind the engl. menuentry is german .
Ralf

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Booze - email sent to aquariumspecialty.

No Problem Ralf. I knew it was too good to be true :)

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Scott, I have emailed them.

Prow, I do not know. I TRIED to email Seachem but it bounced back and said my server was blacklisted :eek:

This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:
Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why each recipient was rejected.
Recipient: <info@seachem.com>
Reason: 5.7.0 your server is blacklisted

No wonder US reefers do not use a sodium chloride free salt! Gezzzz... :rolleyes: It's not available here!!

prow

lol, blacklisted :nono: what did you do??? you must have used the wrong wond:dodle:

ok, i emailed them about it and asked if they had other mixes that are NaCl- free. we will see what they have to say.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
If not NaCl, what kind of salt is it?

Randy Holmes Farley said:
For those who are interested, the following artificial seawater recipe is taken from "Chemical Oceanography" by Frank Millero. It makes a recipe that matches 35 ppt seawater in terms of major ions, but does not try to match all minor and trace elements, most of which will be present as impurities in the major elements.

23.98 g sodium chloride
5.029 g magnesium chloride
4.01 g sodium sulfate
1.14 g calcium chloride
0.699 g potassium chloride
0.172 g sodium bicarbonate
0.100 g potassium bromide
0.0254 g boric acid
0.0143 g strontium chloride
0.0029 g sodium fluoride
Water to 1 kg total weight.

So...
Remove the sodium chloride only from the above ingredients to achieve a NaCl-free salt.

prow

there you go doni, if TM sells it someone over here should be able to at least special order it.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thanks Heinz :) I sent an email to Tropic Marin earlier today. I will send one to Marine Depot right now...

hma

Thanks Heinz :) I sent an email to Tropic Marin earlier today. I will send one to Marine Depot right now...

An other option is to ask Claude Schuhmacher, he is the owner of Fauna Marine. He sells his products in the USA via Dark Lord Coral Co. Claude is a fine guy, you reach Him via Contact sheet in his shop (Aqua Terra Shop)

https: // AquaTerraShop - Meerwasser

He vends there NaCl free salt of different manufacturers and can help you certainly.

BTW ... he sells also GroTech III NG dosing pumps in a special order with the balling salt.

https://wwws.aquaterrashop.de/meerwasser-neu/product_info.php/products_id/2278

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Doni, let me know if/when you decide to do this and I will do it too. We can have two independent studies going on at the same time and post our experiences and results. We can share in the fun and learning!:D

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Doni, let me know if/when you decide to do this and I will do it too. We can have two independent studies going on at the same time and post our experiences and results. We can share in the fun and learning!:D

Okay :thumbup:

Really, the only thing new for me is the addition of a doser, NaCl-free salt, and mineral/vit addition. I am already adding calcium, magnesium and sodium carbonate manually (Randy's Two Part). I bet you are too :D

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
You are right there. I think what I like about this method is the automation which I'm sure has its own set of problems, but I'm willing to accept that.:D

Anselth

Alright, you folks have to stop this. Every time I think I have all the equipment I need, you all have to go and come up with some other great new thing that's going to make my reef better. I'm not falling for it this time!

So where do I get one of these dosers?