Are you SOCIAL?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Random title/question no? LOL!

I'm just curious:
  • Who is using social media (like on a daily basis) and how often do you use it?
  • Also if you use it a lot what are you using it for (kill time, look up family/friends, other . . )?
  • Which social media do you use the most and why?
  • If you use more than one list them in the order of your amount of use (most first).
I'm just being Mr Curious :)

I'll go first:
  • I use social media every day and honestly sometimes many times a day. It comes to my phone so I can check it quickly with minimal hassle and since it's part of my job I do it on work hours :)
  • I use it for work mostly but I also keep up with family and friends. My company mandated I get an account so I could set up my Corp account and that's how I got started. Even though I use it daily I'm still a NEWBIE when it comes to social media.
  • I use FaceBook the most and that's the only Social Media I have my own account. I have other accounts for work but none of them are "personal" in any way.
  • I also use Facebook (personal & work), Twitter, and LinkedIn (both for work).

If you have FaceBook hit me up on there (link is in my signature)

Don't forget to visit and LIKE this one
https://www.facebook.com/ReefSanctuary

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I "stay connected" with my friends (and family) on FaceBook but I don't log onto FB near as often as I used to.
Once I got used to everyone's DRAMA, it stopped being very interesting.
Now I mostly hang out here at Reef Sanctuary because I learn new stuff about what interests me :fishy2::D

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Might should move this to the "off topic" forum :yup:
I sent you a FB friend request....I'll try to remain drama free, LOL!

ReefLady

Staff member
There's a reasoning relevant to the community here... we're trying to figure out how many and which users are active on Facebook/Twitter.

But I'll move it to the suggestion box.

:)

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
I used to wonder what it would be like to read peoples minds. Then facebook/twitter came out and Now im over it! Im a professional IT Admin, and i refuse to use either. I had to ban use of facebook, twitter, pogo.com and Netflix on the work network, because too many people were wasting time instead of doing their job. Wonder of wonders, after i did that, work productivity is up 45% just in the first month.

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Heavy facebook user as well as whatsap etc etc to stay connected with friends n family :)

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
I have a Facebook account to keep up with family and friends. I do have a few work contacts on there too.

I use LinkedIn for work, friends, and family.

Soupylou

I grew up with social media - firstly my space, then Facebook then twitter. Now I mainly use what's app.

I've stepped away from Facebook but I used to be all over it.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I grew up with social media - firstly my space, then Facebook then twitter. Now I mainly use what's app.

I've stepped away from Facebook but I used to be all over it.

what's app? What's that? LOL!

MySpace... ahh that's a blast from the past :)

Come back to FaceBook... everyone on RS is using it now :D

Mike Johnson

BigAl07 is now my friend. Hey, Allen, I lived in NC for 16 years. Was a commercial fisherman out of Swansboro for about 10 of them. I'm a land lubber from Kentucky now.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
BigAl07 is now my friend. Hey, Allen, I lived in NC for 16 years. Was a commercial fisherman out of Swansboro for about 10 of them. I'm a land lubber from Kentucky now.

Yes sir friends indeed :)

Yea I'm NC born and bred! Live way up in the mountains up here where the men are men.. and the sheep are scared LOL! :)

We get down to the coast when we can but it's not nearly often enough though. I've never stopped in Swansboro but spent a lot of time just south of there at Wrightsville Beach, Myrtle Grove and a WHOLE lot of time at Carolina Beach. I even drove my 1985 F-150 into the ocean a few times LOL! That was not my brightest moments I must add :) It was pretty cool being from up in the mountains and having pictures of me and my friends in the back of my jacked up 4x4 sitting with ocean waves hitting the door panels... but oh the problems all the sand and salt water caused me LOL!

Nothing wrong with a land lubber so long as you get back to the water now and again :)

BTW my cat left home around 2:00am this morning... I looked on FaceBook but didn't find any clues... LOL!!

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
I used to work in social media marketing and would set up corporations with their first FB pages and blogs and I would be a community manager! It was fun stuff.

I use FB all the time to keep in touch with friends mostly (my family doesn't use it).
I have my own blog that is currently dedicated to my tank, though it needs an update at the moment.
My Twitter feed is linked to my blog. I don't tweet regularly, but it sure comes in handy to have an account when you're at a gamer convention!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I used to work in social media marketing and would set up corporations with their first FB pages and blogs and I would be a community manager! It was fun stuff.

I use FB all the time to keep in touch with friends mostly (my family doesn't use it).
I have my own blog that is currently dedicated to my tank, though it needs an update at the moment.
My Twitter feed is linked to my blog. I don't tweet regularly, but it sure comes in handy to have an account when you're at a gamer convention!

You should hit me up on FB... I'd like to see some of your work you've done for Corps.

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
LOL! I wish I could show it to you! The reason why I USED to be in social media marketing is because those corporations closed! I was in the mortgage industry (Franklin Mortgage Financial, Sallie Mae Home Loans) and then I moved to the fundraising industry (Entertainment Publications). I think my LinkedIn page still has some mock ups of what I did.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Had FB for a while until that unwanted person started to contact me from the past and unsubscribed.
Been off the grid for about 3 years now other then a few forums like this.
Very happy! :)
I do have linkedin for the business but rarely go there.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forum Runner

clairebear

I check FB when I wake up in the morning, when I can't sleep at night, when I'm waiting in line, when I'm on a break at work, you get the point. I get notifications from my "favourites" so then I check it straight away - this includes a couple of fish shops that post specials and new stock to FB.

I'm on twitter but only use it to read about celebrities when FB is too boring.