yvepu4yn.jpg
y8y7u9az.jpg
2ebura4y.jpg
etaqu5us.jpg
a5u7utas.jpg
ry8anaga.jpg
udazyna8.jpg

Wolffman64

Just found your thread. Great tank and fantastic installation in the wall! Love it!!

Great scape and fish as well. I got a PBT a couple of weeks ago as well, and now my whole tank has got Ich. Damnation.....

Anyway, congrats on a great job!

Lee

I'm very impressed with your Aquascaping. It is a major PITA trying to do that from behind the tank... You're basically aquascaping blind

JJB103

Just found your thread. Great tank and fantastic installation in the wall! Love it!!

Great scape and fish as well. I got a PBT a couple of weeks ago as well, and now my whole tank has got Ich. Damnation.....

Anyway, congrats on a great job!

Thank you. I lost a PBT a few months ago due to my own stupidity. I am one of those who has given up hope that Ich can be completely eliminated. With my fish being heathy and under as little stress as possible, it seems to be manageable. I see a spot here and there that goes away and all fish are looking amazing. I've even quarantined everything with copper and prazi pro and still got Ich in my system and one fish had intestinal worms. Just part of this hobby, I guess.

JJB103

I'm very impressed with your Aquascaping. It is a major PITA trying to do that from behind the tank... You're basically aquascaping blind

Thank you so much. Haha. It was a series of me setting one rock then running to the other side to see if I liked it, then back to move it again. It took almost two days to get it exactly where I was happy with it.

Wolffman64

Thank you. I lost a PBT a few months ago due to my own stupidity. I am one of those who has given up hope that Ich can be completely eliminated. With my fish being heathy and under as little stress as possible, it seems to be manageable. I see a spot here and there that goes away and all fish are looking amazing. I've even quarantined everything with copper and prazi pro and still got Ich in my system and one fish had intestinal worms. Just part of this hobby, I guess.

Yep, but my Ich is not manageable at all at the moment, really bad....

Wolffman64

Have dosed xxxx (can't remember the name, it's in my thread) for 4 days, and now I'm dosing Hydrogen Peroxide. Haven't checked progress today (late this morning) but it went well the first 4 days, and then worse again :tears:

JJB103

Have dosed xxxx (can't remember the name, it's in my thread) for 4 days, and now I'm dosing Hydrogen Peroxide. Haven't checked progress today (late this morning) but it went well the first 4 days, and then worse again :tears:

I just read your thread. Beautiful tanks. I'm sorry about the Ich. I hope it subsides for you. I'll keep watching for your update.

Lee

Thank you so much. Haha. It was a series of me setting one rock then running to the other side to see if I liked it, then back to move it again. It took almost two days to get it exactly where I was happy with it.

I think I screwed up by putting in the sand first, because I'd place like 3 rocks and the whole aquarium was cloudy, so when I ran around to the front, I couldn't see anything!

JJB103

True. Be careful with that too. If you get any burrowing fish, they might cause a collapse since the rock is on top of the sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I somehow lost my subscription to your thread.
Signing back in, looking forward to updates. :chair::lurk:
Love the last pictures, very AWESOME COLORS!!

JJB103

I somehow lost my subscription to your thread.
Signing back in, looking forward to updates. :chair::lurk:
Love the last pictures, very AWESOME COLORS!!

Thank you. My tank is in a blackout period trying to fight off dinoflagellates. I will keep everyone updated on how this goes. Good or bad. I'm really looking into a biopellet reactor, but not sure yet.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
How'd the black out affect the dinos? Hope it's all better now. :fingerx:
I fought it during my new tank syndrome but I didn't have to do more than blow it off my corals & rock with a turkey baster. Took a long time leaving but it slowly depleted whatever it was feeding on, I reckon. ;)

JJB103

The Dinos are completely gone. Hopefully for good. The problem I had is that the blackout stressed the fish out so much that I had a massive ich outbreak and lost my powder blue. My diamond goby seems to be next. Fix one problem and create another. Really frustrating. All corals seemed to lose a little color too, but are doing just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Very sorry to read your update....Sad for your fish :(
Are you going to set up a hospital tank to treat with copper?
Crossing my fingers that things don't get worse for you, hang in there!

JJB103

u4uvybuq.jpg
rezyny8a.jpg
uma4uma3.jpg
u3ama5y8.jpg
gyhe5uma.jpg

e9agepup.jpg
esaga5a5.jpg
7u8e4aqa.jpg

I know it's been a long time since I've been on here, so here is an update of my tank. All the corals have colored back up. I, ultimately, lost my powder blue, both my squamm anthias, diamond goby and one percula. I got rid of my flame angel because he was nipping at all my corals. The Dino's are still there. I have kept them at bay, but they are still horribly ugly. Parameters are stable.

Temperature: 78
Salinity: 1.025
Ammonia, NH4: 0
Nitrate, NO3: 0
Nitrite, NO2: 0
pH: 8.2
Alkalinity, KH: 8.4
Calcium, Ca: 425
Magnesium, Mg: 1,500
Phosphate: 0.06

for date: February 28, 2014

The biopellet reactor seems to be helping, but still to early to tell. The growth of all corals are very good.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Beautiful corals & fish ! The corals are really looking healthy and colorful :)

Great to hear your on the up swing again !