And it starts... 150g in-wall

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
LOVE those zoa's mate!! :yup:
Good to hear everything is coming back in the tank and the corals are happy again :) Some really nice animals in the tank and looking very happy and healthy :)

JJB103

LOVE those zoa's mate!! :yup:
Good to hear everything is coming back in the tank and the corals are happy again :) Some really nice animals in the tank and looking very happy and healthy :)

Thank you. I actually just fragged a bunch of them to cover the base of the island on the right.

JJB103

Hey everyone. I'm still alive. Just wanted to stop in and give some updates. I'll start with the good. I recently won the $200 BRS pick prize for my anemone. Here is a couple pictures.
qyragahy.jpg
myjehada.jpg
hypa7uba.jpg
As far as the bad, I went out if town for a little bit for work and had to stay a little longer than I thought. I didn't plan on that, so when I got back my alkalinity had dropped to just below 7 dKH. The only coral it affected was my sour apple birds nest. Her are the before and after pics
aqusujeh.jpg
a4ysa6e6.jpg

Oxylebius

He has started to shred all the polyps on my acros. As you can see the one he is sitting on has no polyp extension at all.

That is very odd behavior. I know that they can kill corals by laying eggs and all.... but shredding the coral? In the wild they shred algae and the like that get near their coral. Sorry to hear this.... I actually found your other thread on this, but didn't have much to contribute so didn't post anything. Again, this behavior sucks, sorry.

JJB103

That is very odd behavior. I know that they can kill corals by laying eggs and all.... but shredding the coral? In the wild they shred algae and the like that get near their coral. Sorry to hear this.... I actually found your other thread on this, but didn't have much to contribute so didn't post anything. Again, this behavior sucks, sorry.

It's part of the risk I took when I bought a fish that could be prone to nipping sps polyps. Live and learn I guess haha. That coral is a meteor shower cyphastrea. It grows pretty fast and it seems to like all kinds of light intensities and changes colors depending on where you put it.

JJB103

Ok everyone. I have some serious problems that myself and a few local reefers here can't figure out. My entire tank (excluding fish) is slowly dying. It started with some SPS now I have lost almost all SPS and it is moving toward LPS and even some zoas are dying off. Here are my current parameters.
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-0
Alk-8.5
Calc-450
Mag- 1440
Phos- 0.04
Ph-8.4 right before lights went out
Copper-0
Temp 78.6

I run a biopellet reactor and I dose seachem reef fusion 1 & 2 for alk and calc. I had a thread called fading Montipora but I realized its a bigger problem than I thought. I have ruled out flatworms and haven't seen red bugs for months. I've ruled out a rogue fish because they are doing the same thing in my frag tank. The frag tank is plumbed into the main system too. Here are some pictures.
d891846383bff12ec067ccc1221c8c43.jpg
5d589b992aa694bded34243e538b3494.jpg
e3141efbb6fdf8e0403efdf12d04b2a3.jpg
69fb50af6e29e379a4c9ab8402b3053c.jpg
9a770b90293fdc697bd9981e5f8bb99d.jpg
09a8368aec735d3cb20d25d14f728d9d.jpg
14bd975bfa89eb505bb01ef3a5c19a8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk