And it starts... 150g in-wall

Maprik

This is amazing!!!! Just looking at your plumbing design is a thrill!!! I'm envious of your sump!!!! (From a sumpless nano-cube guy)....

JJB103

Thanks guys. I love to build, anything. I even considered making my own live rock, but I'm too impatient for the curing time.

JJB103

Finally an update. I'm sorry I know its been a while since an update. I have about 100lbs of live rock, and 60lbs of live sand to buy. The lights are temporary until I can afford my LED kits. The tank is about half way through its cycle. I will set up my QT in the next week or so.

Last edited:

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
This is probably a very noob question, but you must forgive me as I am on a lot of pain meds at the moment.

Can you please explain to me how you are actually adding RO/DI water and salt to your Brute containers? I don't see a way to open the tops since you have plumbing coming in and out all over the place.

Thanks!

JJB103

This is probably a very noob question, but you must forgive me as I am on a lot of pain meds at the moment.

Can you please explain to me how you are actually adding RO/DI water and salt to your Brute containers? I don't see a way to open the tops since you have plumbing coming in and out all over the place.

Thanks!

That is not a noob question at all. Actually I didn't show my ATO line from my RO/DI storage. Here is a picture of the line from my RO/DI unit to my storage.

Here is the opening that I add salt through

Here is the gravity fed line to my ATO

JJB103

Here is my tank finally "built in." It will be a DVD cabinet. I still need to build the doors for it. The crown molding has a cap on it to put things on top. It will all be painted black.

JJB103

I got the rest of my rock and sand 2 days ago. Any suggestions on the rockscape? I wanted the island look.

Also here is my first fish in QT.

nivek

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Nice looking rockscape. Will have lots of places to place your future corals :)

JJB103

Here are some pics of my first two fish introduced to the tank after being in quarantine for 30 days. They seem to have a crush on each other. They hardly leave each other's side. Both fish eat with no issue and love their new home. The zoas and mushroom came on my live rock. Not sure about the mushrooms, but the zoas are radioactive dragon eyes. I put my other led light over them to see their color under the blues.

Choff

It's alive! Tank looks great and awesome corals to start with.

Cant quite tell scale, but might want to space them out a bit, 6+ inches at least for growth

JJB103

Thank you. It's temporary for now. I need a better lighting system that will be here soon. I just put the little 9 LED light I had on my pico. I just kept them all on the rock they were glued to. Ill have to put them at different levels too.