Aaron & Anna's RSM 130 Adventure

Monkeyboy

Thanks for that info sapphire. Sorry to hear about having to restart your tank, it looks like the earthquake recently has been a nasty one!!

Monkeyboy

Has anyone ever used the Kent marine reef salt? At the mo it looks like I can get a very special price on a 26kg bucket and was wondering what the general thoughts of it was.

Monkeyboy

Right i kinda stitched myself up about a year ago when we first started our RSM130 by promising Anna a Mandarin fish when the tank hit a year old. Well that has kind of coincided with her birthday this year so after a little shake up of the tank by returning my Royal Gramma and Yellow tailed fiji Damsel to the LFS i have reserved her a mandarin that we will pick up tomorrow. I stood and watched it for a while today and it seems to be eating frozen foods which is a big plus but i would like to boost the Copepod population regularly. Does anyone in the uk know where i can get live copepods? I'd also like to make a pod farm in a spare tank i have, any idea how i should proceed?

Monkeyboy

Thank you they really are stunning fish and can't wait to pick her up in the morning. You say eddie has had good results with them what's his user name? I wouldn't mind pming him for some advice

Monkeyboy

We've actually decided to hold off a week till the mandarin comes home. The guy at the lfs wants to be sure it's eating ok first which can only be a good thing.

I will post some pics when it's home and settled.

Monkeyboy

I'm not sure if the image has work but here's annas new freshwater "fun tank" lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1300623293.677670.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1300623293.677670.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 73

Monkeyboy

Thanks Terry, the tank is only a small one about 5 gallons I think. It's really just ment as a bit of fun to try and get the kids interested in fishkeeping.

soily

In response to your question about Kent marine salt Aaron, I am about halfway through a bucket because like you i got a good deal on it of £40 for 25kg's. I don't have that much experience with different salts but i wont bother with another bucket. My first salt was red sea pro which i found very good, but since using the kent i seem to get more algae on the glass. This of course could be completely unrelated but it coincides with constantly low alk and calcium which i now have to supplement.

This is just my opinion and based in no fact at all and the low alk/calcium may be that the tank is older with more stuff using it up but for whatever reason i will go back to the red sea next.