20 Gal FOWLR journey

Haaileybop

I like your Ro/DI water setup! Mine is such a pain the butt, where as yours looks so clean and tidy! Your clowns look happy! I am looking forward to when I can add a pair.

AJK

Hi friends,
Thanks so much :) I took the large yellowtail back to lfs, he was getting way to aggressive, told owner of store, he needs a bigger tank. He started chasing the other yellowtail like a psycho, Lol !!!! So far, 2 clowns and yellowtail is doing fantastic ! No aggression noticed, they are all the same size. It was sad to let him go, he was my first fish, but he was way larger then the other's.

Finally got my salt mixing station up and running.

Wow !! Coraline is spreading like crazy !!! Nearly all my rocks have coraline. Thanks to those that helped me with sump design, very appreciated. My sump project is next.

2 peppermint shrimp added. Water perimeters normal. More pics coming soon.

AJK

Hi Friends,
I enjoy taking pics :)

peppermintshrimp.jpg

2 Peppermint shrimp

tankpic1.jpg

Changed rockscape again, this is finally time, really it is, Lol !

catran

AJK, I never knew you could buy a shower diverter. Did you switch to the kitchen because there was problem with the diverter or was it just inconvenient? I have a bathroom I don't use and I was going to use the faucet, but if the shower works, that'll be better.
Nice rock work, and yeah, I said that about 4 times before I epoxied and superglued it, lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AJK

AJK, I never knew you could buy a shower diverter.
Hi Cat, hope your day was fun !! Home depot has them for $13,. Came up with idea, cause shower pressure was always much stronger then kitchen faucet, in my house.

Did you switch to the kitchen because there was problem with the diverter or was it just inconvenient?
No problems or inconvenience. Just experimenting what works best. Bathroom pressure is 8-10 psi higher, so far I prefer the bathroom. Moved unit back.

Nice rock work, and yeah, I said that about 4 times before I epoxied and superglued it, lol!

Thanks a million :) I gotcha beat though, I rearranged 10 times plus, Lol !!! Well, that's really cool you had fun. Happy reefing friend, hope bathroom rodi install works to your advantage.

yankieman

Hi AJK , another option for the RO/DI unit , is if you have access to a cold water line you can get a sadde valve at any hardwardware store for about 7 bucks and clamp it right on the water line ,,,works great,,, looking forward to folowing your progress good luck,,,

AJK

Hi friend, thanks for suggestion, help/idea's and options are alway's wonderful. Surely can use a saddle valve :)

AJK

Hi friends, I bought a protein skimmer today :) Seller used approx 4-6 weeks. Actually felt sorry for the seller, really wonderful person, knew alot about SW tanks. Found on classifieds, a deal I could not pass up. It's freakin huge !! It's half the size of my 20 gal, Lol !!! Skimmer looked small in pics. Thought I could just hang on tank. Now, I can proceed to building my sump. Back to the project board, have to figure this out, once all is complete, I'll post up pics.

Happy reefing :hug1:

AJK

Hello friends, thanks :) My skimmer is massive for 20 gal tank, Lol !! I have no idea, how I'm going to put a sump together with skimmer, 10 gal sump seems to small, but people have made them using this skimmer on youtube 10 gal sump.

AJK

Hi friends, I have surely outdone myself this time, Lol !! Seller had skimmer on 60 gal tank. In time, I'll figure out a way to get my skimmer/sump to work :)

skimmerm.jpg

Robzilla

Nice grab on a skimmer! I used to have one of those. The flow gate can be a little touchy so make sure you don't flood your skimmer cup. You don't have a big bioload (unless you are over feeding) so don't freak out if you aren't pulling out tons of nasty skimmate either.

AJK

Nice grab on a skimmer! I used to have one of those. The flow gate can be a little touchy so make sure you don't flood your skimmer cup. You don't have a big bioload (unless you are over feeding) so don't freak out if you aren't pulling out tons of nasty skimmate either.

Hi Rob, thanks friend. I'll keep watch on skimmer cup :thumbup: I don't feed alot. I'm planning to upgrade to 60 plus gallons next year, so learning all I can at the moment.

AJK

At the rate I'm going, my skimmer/sump tank will be twice the size of my display tank. People will look in the sump and ask, where's the fish, Lol !!!! Too much late night reading, I'm tired :zzz: