█▀▀▀▀ The Final Reef ▀▀▀▀█ Tn's S650 Adventure.

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Australia is high on my visit list!
I am told by a good friend who travels a lot that many places down there look just like my current residence, Charleston sc.
The old town houses, cobbled streets etc.. because the same pilgrims built them at the same time.
Ours went this way and ended up in America, yours went that way and ended up in Australia.
Would love to see some pictures of your home town!
Make sure you hit me up if you're ever down Victoria way! Happy to do tours :p I'll take some photos for you then of the area I live then and some of the nearby :) I live on the edge of metro Melbourne so bushland isn't even a 5 minute drive away, it's absolutely amazing, I love Australia bushland and countryside :)

salty23

Oh man. Lucky you. And Thanks in advance for the offer. Aussie is definitely on my to go list!!

If your ever in Canada, specifically Vancouver hit me up. I'll return the favor :)

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I must admit, even though we don't get the mind-blowing acro's and sps you guys have our base level sps is a lot better than that that I've seen in the US so I guess it isn't too bad. I would love some of the pieces you guys have available though :D

salty23

Re: The Final Reef Tn's S650 Adventure.

Your more then welcome to come and get some. I'll be nice and share haha. Ready when you see to trade!

Side note. New goodies to add on before I leave for a 1 month vacation.
vypa9upa.jpg

salty23

Re: The Final Reef Tn's S650 Adventure.

Oops double post

Last edited:

Choff

Nice salty, you will love the apex. Its a really nice tool. I started slow and have added on just about every module. The orp probe being one of my favs that I don't see a lot of other folks taking about, but it really tips you off on changes to your chemistry.

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Cool upgrade salty, its the one thing on my tank wish list.

Totally agree with choff, orp is the one that will let you know if you need to look at your maintenance regime. Dirty water leads to a lower orp reading I believe.

Choff

It's not a hard and fast rule, I tend to look at trends more. My orp was always in the 420+ range and when that cfl bulb fell into my tank it shot to 200. I had just gotten the probe and didn't set up alerts for it, but I could have saved my tank if i had. Just the other day I cleaned the detritus out of my sump and my orp shot up 40 pts. Same happens when I put fresh carbon in. When my orp starts to trend down I know its time to change my carbon. Interestingly, when I do a WC my orp falls. I won't pretend to fully understand it, but whenever I do something to my tank there is a reaction.

salty23

Wow thanks for all the information guys! I have a friend that runs ORP as well and he had been telling me how useful it is.

I'll definitely need to pick one up. I love the apex and how I can control everything via my phone/laptop. I'm setting up and ip camera as well so I can see what's going on when I'm away from the house.

So far. The only issue I have is dealing with the messy wires.... any suggestions? :(
yga5y7ur.jpg

Choff

No help on the wires, but what camera did you get? I'm looking to get one at some point.

salty23

I ultimately want the axis cams... But they are all $$$$.

I picked up a trend Micro camera. An average one around $125.
1280 x 720. 4x zoom. I'll have to see the quality and report back :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Post us a link to your new camera - I would be interested in seeing it too :) google search on Micro camera getting to many generic hits ;)

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
This is something I want to do too. Would love to see the image quality and I'd also would love to see the link?

salty23

I haven't gotten around to setting up the ip camera yet. Should have it up and running this weekend.

However I did pick this up and got it installed quickly :)
ydavytyg.jpg

So what's everyone ORP sitting at? What's a good number range? Thanks!

Choff

Mine was regularly at 430 to 450, but since I have removed my live rock and put the vidarock in I now sit around 340. Like I said above, I just watch trends. I just cleaned my ft last night that had some big piles of detritus and changed my carbon out. Those 2 events shot my orp up 25 pts as of this morning and still trending up.

Btw, do not calibrate it. The orp calibration solution you see on BRS and such are not meant for that probe.

salty23

Thanks Choff. Luckily I Watched The Brs Video and didn't calibrate the probe. Mines at around 230 now..... started at 116 and climbing up over the last 2 days. Hopefully it goes up alot higher!

I'm leaving for vacation in 3 days!
Got my ip camera up and running. Along with a new tank :)
(Well my gfs biocube has been moved over so my tank sitter can watch both)

Spot the new tank?
jydy5aha.jpg

Choff

Im away this week too and sooo wish I had a cam on my tank and sump. I have a teenager feeding my fish and I don't think she would even notice if my tank was gushing water.

Joeys Tank

Is that your QT next to the chair or a cube DT?

Was just showing my daughter your set up, Salty. She was blown away.

salty23

Joey. That's my girlfriend friends biocube. I am having the tank sitter watch both our tanks while we go on vacation.

Thanks for the kind words.