Search results

1. Ratpack

Help with Derasa

This is the first Derasa that I have tried to keep. It looks different in my tank than it did at the store. There it was very open and full. It has been in my tank since Dec 21 and below is what it looks like now. It appears to be opening more lately, but I am concerned that the mantle is shrunk...
  2. Ratpack

My rsm130d

Very nice looking tank. Have you used the Seneye as a PAR meter? I am looking at getting one just for that reason. Do you have to have the monthly slide packs for the PAR meter?
  3. Ratpack

Need ID please

Can anyone ID these two corals? I got them for a steal at LFS and they couldn't tell me what they are, but the colors are really great. The first one almost looks like two different corals.
  4. Ratpack

Skimmer adjustment question

I have the same thing, so I am curious to know the answer as well.
  5. Ratpack

Frag or not?

Here is a photo of a Cali tort I have and it is growing kind of crazy. When I bought it, it looked almost like a tree. Now the branches are starting to form from the base and the top, but the middle is still one big stalk. My concern is no light in that area due to shading. Should I frag off the...
  6. Ratpack

Can I use pickling lime to nuke corals?

I don't mind giving them away and I do as they grow and drop off the rock. However, even when I cut them off, the remaining piece grows into another shroom. I hate to kill them, but at this point I don't see any other option.
  7. Ratpack

Can I use pickling lime to nuke corals?

I have some mushrooms that are getting out of hand and starting to encroach on some other corals that I care more for. Can I use Mrs Wages pickling lime to nuke them and if so, what is the proper mix. I only plan to do one or two at a time so I don't impact the chemistry of the tank. I should...
  8. Ratpack

Very cool even if only temporary

I made a discovery this morning as I was looking over my tank. I just happened to look into the overflow just to see how things were in there and to my surprise, I saw baby fish swimming around. I assume my clowns have spawned and these are some of the hatchlings. It was very cool to see, but...
  9. Ratpack

Newbie from Columbia, SC

Welcome. I am in Lexington if you need any help.
  10. Ratpack

Reef Radiance settings

I believe they are the same except maybe one or two LEDS. The 165 and 155 are the wattages of the fixture. I may try to reduce the light for awhile and see if that helps.
  11. Ratpack

Reef Radiance settings

Looks like at peak time, yours are a good bit below where mine are. Do you have a shot of your tank that I can see to compare as well?
  12. Ratpack

Reef Radiance settings

Hi all, I have a set of DM155e's over my 75 gallon tank. They are about 10" off the water and most of my SPS corals are about 6" below water surface. I am trying to figure out if I have them set too high and if that may be part of no polyp extension on my corals. I have PE at night, but very...
  13. Ratpack

Full-Tank Friday!

OK, so I am a day late, but I had to work late yesterday. So here is my current tank. Frags are growing but still a bit small.
  14. Ratpack

Crazy skimmer?

It may have been the food. I used some LRS food that night. Don't use that food much, so perhaps that was the culprit.
  15. Ratpack

Crazy skimmer?

What would cause a skimmer to all of a sudden overflow? I can set it where I want it and it will run fine for days and sometimes a week or more, but then for whatever reason, overnight it will overflow and fill the cup and keep going. Luckily it is a sump model so the water just goes back in...
  16. Ratpack

I'm considering DIY 2prt additives

I may have missed it, but do you dose by hand or with a dosing pump? I used to chase these numbers around and never could get them right. Seemed when I added more, the number went down and up and never was consistent. What I did was what everyone is advising. Since you have so few corals...
  17. Ratpack

I'm considering DIY 2prt additives

Something doesn't seem right here. With so few corals and doing a water change every 2 weeks, it is hard for me to imagine adding that much 2 pt to keep up with the tank. I have a 75 gal tank with at least 10 softies, 3 LPS and about 20 SPS. By the ratio you use of 200 mls on 200 gal, I...
  18. Ratpack

Flow flow flow?

Look at the Jebao RW series. Two RW8's would give you enough flow for anything you put in the tank. The controllers are wireless so you can link multiples together up to 8 pumps. I have two of the RW15's in my 75gal and love them. I sold my Vortech to get them and have never looked back...
  19. Ratpack

Newbie. Legion on hairy mushroom?

You should be fine. I have these in my tank and I am convinced there is no way to kill them.
  20. Ratpack

Thoughts on dimming lighting

Actually just measured and they are 12 inches off the water and about 20 inches above the SPS corals.