Reef Radiance settings

Ratpack

Hi all, I have a set of DM155e's over my 75 gallon tank. They are about 10" off the water and most of my SPS corals are about 6" below water surface. I am trying to figure out if I have them set too high and if that may be part of no polyp extension on my corals. I have PE at night, but very little in the day or at least that I can see with the naked eye. Someone suggested too much light intensity. Right now they are at 80% blue and 60% white / full. Do you think that is too much? If others have these lights or similar, I would love to know what you have them set at.

Snelly40

ok here you go... i assume the intensity is similar... they are BRIGHT!!! now i have three adjustable colors, the violet are the nightlights so if yours doesnt have those just disregard that setting...

tank lights 1.PNG tank lights 2.PNG tank lights 3.PNG tank lights 4.PNG

Ratpack

Looks like at peak time, yours are a good bit below where mine are. Do you have a shot of your tank that I can see to compare as well?

Snelly40

ha i wish... my camera cant handle the lights ... but they are BRIGHT... many people say that them on more than that can stress the corals of they're not used to them... im not sure the brightness difference between the 155's and 165's tho, could be different...

Last edited:

Ratpack

I believe they are the same except maybe one or two LEDS. The 165 and 155 are the wattages of the fixture. I may try to reduce the light for awhile and see if that helps.