Search results

1. Nascar99

75g Butterflyfish Tank

My journey has come to an end. I've sold my tank. I need money for college. I got out of the hobby for a few reasons. The low care for sea life is evident at every fishstore I've been too. Constant disease and death in their tanks. Also, I read somewhere over 5000 flame Angel are taken every...
  2. Nascar99

July 2015 TOTM Nominations!

I nominate scottwolver, he was in June's!
  3. Nascar99

More critters.....

The snail is cool I got one, sometimes you'll see him come out and shoot eggs into the water it's neat
  4. Nascar99

Full-Tank Friday!

Man you guys all have some amazing tanks, even the new ones!
  5. Nascar99

Nba finals

I'm sad it's over I love watching basketball Fills a slot of nothingness from 9-11 pm Back to watching nascar every weekend now!
  6. Nascar99

Nba finals

I agree it's been entertaining My gf hated basketball at the start of the playoffs now she is into the game with me yelling that was a foul! Lol I'm rooting for gs but not really a fan. However, steph curry is the greatest shooter I've ever seen Lebron hasn't shot that great this year. But...
  7. Nascar99

Nba finals

Anyone been watching? Go golden state!
  8. Nascar99

Circulation q

Do you need to keep a power heat at the surface or will the water be oxygenated enough even if it's deep I the water I have a 75 fowlr with one 1150gph powerhead. It's always been pointed at the surface but I found a better spot but it causes no surface agitation. Your thoughts?
  9. Nascar99

75g Butterflyfish Tank

No my skunk cleans them all the time! A tiny shrimp might get bothered if it's an inch or under.. My snail doesn't get eaten either. One time he got flipped over and they picked at him but I don't know if they were eating him, the pods off his shell, or just his antennae bc he is still alive...
  10. Nascar99

75g Butterflyfish Tank

Very nice fish, they def get too big for my tank with the stock I have I agree my tank is topped out at 3. Things I want to add in the future are a blood shrimp, and a pink/purple fish like an anthias or wrasse and that'll bring me to 8 fish which is kindve my equilibrium
  11. Nascar99

75g Butterflyfish Tank

I've been getting them online because I don't trust my lfs. The only lfs I have that I love is closing to spend more time with his family. I've bought fish from lfs only to be acclimating and under my bright t5 be able to see ich ( this was when I was a newb don't leave lights on when...
  12. Nascar99

Firefish Goby-Help!

Wow that's crazy my clown is super peaceful... Just feed good it'll grow back. Try to keep stress low so he doesn't jump out
  13. Nascar99

Start up Q's

Hm.. If it's been only a week you should Stoll have an ammonia reading in my experience so I'd add the raw shrimp You don't need a sump, some people don't use them on big tanks even I don't use a skimmer so hopefully others can answer your filtration questions But if you don't use a skimmer...
  14. Nascar99

75g Butterflyfish Tank

Update and tips: My new blue stripe is eating great. Most personality I've ever seen. Takes lip from NOONE he holds his ground. He gets along with all my fish and eats more aggressively than anyone. I've read on other sites he may be an obligate coral eater but I highly doubt that as mine eats...
  15. Nascar99

75g Butterflyfish Tank

New fish.. Blue striped butterflyfish Looked all around for this rare fish, even had an lfs quote me at 160$ But I got this little guy for 1/4 of that :) It might not be that rare in places like Florida or California, but it took me a long time to find one in stock and not for an arm and a...
  16. Nascar99

Has anyone dealt with ReefCleaners.org ???

I've never ordered them but watch your snails for like a week before determining it's dead I bought an astrea and it didn't move for 3 days now it's alive almost a year :)
  17. Nascar99

Just starting out. Advice appreciated

One tip is if you use a plastic swing arm hydrometer to test your salinity, they're usually off. So what you do is test your water, then have an lfs test your water, and see the difference My hydrometer says 1.022, but an lfs used a high accuracy refractometer told me it was really 1.024 so...
  18. Nascar99

75g Butterflyfish Tank

If the bag water is close you can either a) acclimate for 30 in bag or b) just plop him in but only if water is really close P.s if you use the bucket method do not get any bag water in the clean bucket water. And float the bag for ten mins before opening for all methods
  19. Nascar99

75g Butterflyfish Tank

I thought I'd post an acclimating tip bc I never see it online Instead ofof acclimating in bag where ammonia can build after 30mins.. I test the bag water. Then take a 1/4 bucket of water and use rodi water to lower salinity to bag water You now have clean ammonia free water that is the same...