Search results

1. Mr.Reeefer

Longnose Filefish anyone???

Anyone own a longnose filefish? Just wanted to pic at anyone's brain who has had one for a while as information is limited on these fish. I know there is one guy who has managed to breed them and has written a book which can be purchased from somewhere. I have one and would like to...
  2. Mr.Reeefer

MAKE ME DROOL- Ricorideas, Zoanthids & Gorgonians- pics please!!

Hello Reefers, I am wondering if you could share your beautiful Ricorideas, Zoanthids & Gorgonians with me to drool over :drooool: If you could share some different techniques you have used to obtain more growth would be great. (Before and after shots would be fantastic) Also if you aren't...
  3. Mr.Reeefer

Wanna take a ride on the wild side??

So my fish have ich in my 140L and this is what I have done in the past 24hrs to get things under control as my bicolour blenny was on death row, poor little bugger, the other fish have it also but have been treated before so they are ok. So Friday afternoon I left work early and cleaned out...
  4. Mr.Reeefer

Sometimes Wierd things happen!!

Hi Reefers, Ever had anything Wierd happen with your tank and it's inhabitants? I have recently and I thought I would share it! I also thought maybe others out there have some Wierd experiences that could be shared! pics would be great also!! Do you see the green sinularia in the top left of...
  5. Mr.Reeefer

Custom overflow in back filtration area???

Hi Reefers, I am purchasing a second hand RSM 250 from Jan (wolffman) which I will be picking up in early Feb. I have a question for all you RSM owners out there, I hope you can understand what I mean. I want to use the back of the 250's filtration area as an overflow box only so, Is...
  6. Mr.Reeefer

RSM 250 overflow/sump/fuge

Hi reefers, I have been researching online but I am still confused.:rollingey I am in the process of organising a sump/fuge for a 250 RSM, but what has got me baffled is how the overflow works, is it some sort of siphon system... I know that an overflow box is required but how does this...
  7. Mr.Reeefer

Clownfish pair aggressiveness (clarkii)

Hi reefers, I have a pair of non mated clarkii clowns, they have been in my tank now for between 2-3months. I purchased them from my local LFS with the white sabae nems they were hosting at the time. As soon as I placed them in my tank the one that was slightly larger started picking on...
  8. Mr.Reeefer

Long term tank maitanence ???

Hi Reefers, Just wondering what Is done long term with tank cleaning. How often do you take apart you skimmer and clean? How often are soft and rigid piping cleaned or replaced? Wave makers? Pumps? Chillers? Thanks
  9. Mr.Reeefer

Phytoplankton and rotifer culture...

Hi reefers, I am going to start my own phytoplankton and rotifer cultures and I was wondering if anyone has any advice for me....... I know the basics but if someone with experience could help with any tips would be appreciated.
  10. Mr.Reeefer

Automatic feeders HELP!!

Hi reefers, I am thinking of purchasing a 3 way automatic feeder for my tank. I am after something that will disperse liquids, (phytoplankton, rotifers, etc) Just after some quality equipment, that is not too difficult to setup and operate, I have read there are some with spinning arms...
  11. Mr.Reeefer

Are my LED lights t powerful or not???

Hi Reefers, I have recently upgraded my lighting from PC to LED's. Since the upgrade I have had to clean my glass daily from algae growth, and my sand bed is turning brown before the week is up. Then when I clean the tank I can't get it all, and I am slowly loosing sand from trying to get...
  12. Mr.Reeefer

Seeding tank with amphipods and copepods???

Hi Reefers, I was wondering if you can educate me in why people seed there tanks with amphipods and copepods. Is this only for cycling tanks? Thank you
  13. Mr.Reeefer

MY 140L piece of paradise

Hi Reefers, My name is Brock and I reside in Sydney Australia. I am 29, engaged, own two cafés and work my ass off basically. I am a crazy fisherman, I have been fishing and camping since I was little, and I would say my passion for my home reef tank and the great outdoors has stemmed from...
  14. Mr.Reeefer

Squamosa electric blue help

Hi Reefers, I purchased last week for my birthday 2 squamosa clams, one of them is an very small electric blue, and the other is a much larger squamosa. When I placed them into the tank after two hours they came out, not fully extension but quite allot! this was under PC lighting...
  15. Mr.Reeefer

PowerCompact upgrade to LED

Hi All, I have just upgraded my lighting from power compacts to LED. WOW!!!! What a difference!!!!! When setting up my tank my Local LFS did recommend LED however because of expense and lack of knowledge and experience I chose the PC as they did inform me this will keep my corals alive...
  16. Mr.Reeefer

Hi All

Hello everyone at Reef Sanctuary, I am new to RS and new to the saltwater hobby. I have set up a 140L tank with LR. I have a, valentini puffer, blue tang, yellow tang, flame angel, pair clarkii clowns, cleaner shrimp, long nose hawkfish. Corals added are, gonni's, Tubi's, tracki's...