Search results

1. saltwaterfarm

OT: Happy Birthday BrothaWolf!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROTHAWOLF!!!! :crowd: :crowd: :clink: :bday1: :clink: :crowd: :crowd: Enjoy it!
  2. saltwaterfarm

What Happened To My LTA???

Hey everyone! I am looking for possible causes of an injury to my anemone. I have had this Purple LTA (M. doreensis) since September 2006. It was moved from my 29 Bio Cube to my 90 in February. It was perfectly happy and planted in the tank until a couple weeks ago (approximately). It went...
  3. saltwaterfarm

Any Clue?

I noticed this "stuff" on the rocks in the bottom of my 90 today. I don't remember seeing it before. Is it a type of coralline, or something I should worry about? I does not come of easily... I tried to scrape it off with a fingernail. It is really dark... almost black... maybe a dark, dark...
  4. saltwaterfarm

Is this a Sebae?

Here is my new nem. I was told Sebae, but I have never seen one this color. What do you think????
  5. saltwaterfarm

New Clown Help Please...

Hello everyone! I am now the proud owner of a breeding pair of true perc clowns and their sebae anemone home. The clowns are fairly big, the female is about 3". The nem is probably 4+". My question is this... will my existing percs (much smaller- they have a purple LTA home) and the new...
  6. saltwaterfarm

Topless Opinion (not spam)

Hello Everyone! As most of you know, I am currently setting up a 90 gal tank. I want to go topless. I do want to eventually add "jumpy fish". I know that a lot of people use eggcrates, but they are not 100%. I have been throwing around the idea of using a combination of the eggcrate with...
  7. saltwaterfarm

Tank Placement Issues...

Hi All! I HAD the perfect place for my new 90 in my living room. My husband is now totally against the spot that I had planned on. I had another spot in mind, but that doesn't seem to suit either. So now I have a 90 gal tank and no place to put it. There is a 3rd option. I have an open...
  8. saltwaterfarm

So I've Got This Bristle Worm

Hello All! I noticed this bristle worm in my pico (3 gal) last night. It is light colored on the end (kinda peachy) and darker in the middle. It has white bristles. It appears to be housed in a piece of rock. My concern is the tank is full of Sexy Shrimp. These shrimp are really tiny, and...
  9. saltwaterfarm

OT: Checking on our Florida Members...

Just heard about the Tornado(s) in Central Florida, and started worrying about those of you in the area... Hope everyone is OK:wave:
  10. saltwaterfarm

90 Gal Sick Day...

Well, it looks like I have a few days off work (Dr's orders) so I guess I'll start my thread for the 90 gal. I currently have a 29 Gal Oceanic Bio Cube, that I QUICKLY outgrew. Actually my Purple LTA outgrew it... And, I just want a bigger tank for all the stuff I've accumulated since...
  11. saltwaterfarm

OK... Here's a good one!

LOL... Ok, here it goes. I am looking at my 3 gal pico and there is this dead fly in there. It's one of those big blow flies. The sexy shrimp are eating it... Is it safe??? Figure it's high in protein (haha)...
  12. saltwaterfarm

This Thing Is Freakin Me Out!

There are 2 of these (that I can see). They have a calcerous (sp.) tube which wraps underneath my sun coral. They are freaking me out because when I sit here staring at the tank... they appear to be staring back. I know there isn't a lot of detail in the pics, but it looks kinda like a...
  13. saltwaterfarm

RO/DI and well water?

I have well water and would like to get a RO/DI unit. I read somewhere here in the sanctuary (can't remember where) that the RO/DI units aren't recommended for well water. Can I get some info on RO/DI units, and their use? I would like to know the good vs. bad of what you're using (or have...
  14. saltwaterfarm

Thingamabob?

I have been noticing these things in my 3 Gal. I have no idea what they are. Does anyone know? They are soft, you can see through them, there appears to be an opening at the top, and they are attached to the rock. I don't know what else to tell you up front. BTW, nothing really in the...
  15. saltwaterfarm

An Addict's Journey... need advice

Hello Again! I will give you a little info... I have a 29Gal Bio Cube w/ some mods (lighting & filtration). It is WAY overstocked. I'm sorry and I admit it. I now have enough room in my living room for a 60" tank. I was getting a 48" 150XH, and decided I don't want the XH... too deep...
  16. saltwaterfarm

Is my clown sick?

I have two percs. One is doing fine, the other just doesn't seem right. It hasn't really done much today, and it's been laid down in my LTA most of the day. It's breathing also seems to be a little labored. I performed my weekly water change yesterday. I also added a few new corals...
  17. saltwaterfarm

HOLY... Shrimp???

Ok... this may be the craziest thing I have ever seen! I was sitting on the sofa, checking out RS and I heard a splash. I have just set up another 3gal mini. I added a second peppermint shrimp yesterday. I look, of course, to see what the splash was (somewhat scared that it was the kitten in...
  18. saltwaterfarm

Baby hiker urchin?

Hi Everyone! I have just found this critter in my 3 gal picotope. I am assuming it is an urchin but I don't know what kind. If any one can offer any ID, info, etc. it will be appreciated. I would like to know about care, chance of survival, and needs. My pico has very little filtration...
  19. saltwaterfarm

Bio-Balls... or not?

Hello all... I have just gotten through an extreme Nitrate issue (whew). In reading some of the other threads here, I now have the question about bio-balls. Do I keep them, do I junk them gradually because they may be the source of my 'trate issue? If I junk them, can someone tell me how to...
  20. saltwaterfarm

Crisis... no salt

Hello, I am dealing with a high nitrate situation. I usually use "pre-mixed" water (out of convenience). One jug works well for a routine change for my 29 gal biocube. Went to LFS yesterday, long story short, no pre-mixed water and no bagged salt on shelf. Mixed with what I had left. No...