Tank Placement Issues...

saltwaterfarm

Hi All! I HAD the perfect place for my new 90 in my living room. My husband is now totally against the spot that I had planned on. I had another spot in mind, but that doesn't seem to suit either. So now I have a 90 gal tank and no place to put it.
There is a 3rd option. I have an open wall in my dining room that is split with two windows in the center. I can easily place the tank there, but it will sit in front of a window about 6".
Would you put it there?
Any and all opinions are appreciated...

BrothaWolf

Hi All! I HAD the perfect place for my new 90 in my living room. My husband is now totally against the spot that I had planned on. I had another spot in mind, but that doesn't seem to suit either. So now I have a 90 gal tank and no place to put it.
There is a 3rd option. I have an open wall in my dining room that is split with two windows in the center. I can easily place the tank there, but it will sit in front of a window about 6".
Would you put it there?
Any and all opinions are appreciated...

You can put it in my house!!!!

Just get your husband to keep moving it around the house "to find the perfect place" He will either get tired of moving it and give in .... or he will drop it and then you wont need to worry

I had the same problem with my flat panel big sceen trying to center it on across from the couch in my den... I eventualy moved it down 6" in front of a window (to make room for the biocube) and it doesnt bother me at all. I never really use my dining room so I wouldnt want my tank there...

saltwaterfarm

I'm mainly worried about drafts and light.
I usually have a very strict "no blocking the windows" policy. I think an exception could be made for a 90...LOL

BoomerD

Personally, I wouldn't put a tank in front of any window. As you mentioned, the light could lead to serious algae issues, and overheating in the summer, & cold in the winter could also be an issue.

bluespotjawfish

I also wouldn't put it near the window. Where does your hubby sleep? That just also happens to be the place I would put it if he won't let you put it where you want to.:zzz: :zzz:

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Bummer Lisa. :( I know you were excited about putting it in a special spot. The dinning room is better than nothing!

I like Brothawolf's idea of letting your husband move it until he gets tired of it and doesn't care any longer! lol

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Lisa! Im so suprised at this, obviously Hubby needs to build you another room, you know just a little growing room, easily completed before spring, good luck! Steve

saltwaterfarm

I also wouldn't put it near the window. Where does your hubby sleep? That just also happens to be the place I would put it if he won't let you put it where you want to.:zzz: :zzz:

I am starting to think that's a good idea... LOL. Thanks I needed that.

Thanks to everyone else too!

saltwaterfarm

Lisa! Im so suprised at this, obviously Hubby needs to build you another room, you know just a little growing room, easily completed before spring, good luck! Steve

He wants me to wait and put it in the office we are building here... for me.
I just want to be able to enjoy it IN MY HOUSE! I guess we'll figure it out...

He doesn't like the idea of me changing the angle of his recliner (aka the throne). He's concerned that he won't be able to see the TV well enough. What a crock!!!!!!

BrothaWolf

He wants me to wait and put it in the office we are building here... for me.
I just want to be able to enjoy it IN MY HOUSE! I guess we'll figure it out...

He doesn't like the idea of me changing the angle of his recliner (aka the throne). He's concerned that he won't be able to see the TV well enough. What a crock!!!!!!

Get him a BIGGER TV then everyone will be happy!

saltwaterfarm

Giggle, giggle... I just have to share this ;-).

So. After a VERY long day fighting this battle. Hubby went to wash trucks (salt), and went to work for awile. All, of course, to get away from me ;-).
He comes home and says "so where are you going to put it?". I respond "I don't know and quite honestly I'm tired of arguing about it". So he rattles off a couple locations where he thinks it may work. Now, mind you, we have already been through this several times. I basically tell him why each location won't work and that I really am tired of talking about it (again) :hammerhea . So... he goes in the kitchen, comes back out and says "fine"- Put the blankety, blank thing over there and move the chair!
Do you think he's going to be mad if I really do put it there? :bluenod:

Cougra

I would take the oppertunity to put it there as a trial without any water in it or anything for a week or so and move his chair. Let him sit in the new spot for a bit to see if it's all right with him after that amount of time. If not, then it'll be easy to move the tank again since it's still empty. I know that you want it started as soon as possible but it's really not worth fighting over and making someone you love unhappy.

saltwaterfarm

Actually, my plan was to put the stand there first and rearrange the furniture until it suited. I still have work to do on the tank and sump before I can put it all together anyway. Who knows... I may get it over there and HATE it in that spot. Doubt it... but it's possible.

And yeah Wolfy... I think I will have to make a peace offering. New TV sounds like a plan. Not that I watch anything other than my tanks...