New Clown Help Please...

saltwaterfarm

Hello everyone! I am now the proud owner of a breeding pair of true perc clowns and their sebae anemone home. The clowns are fairly big, the female is about 3". The nem is probably 4+". My question is this... will my existing percs (much smaller- they have a purple LTA home) and the new percs live together in harmony? Tell me what you think. I do have another tank that could be used if that is the best option.

BrothaWolf

I call the first baby clown fish!!!!! What kind are your existing ones? True percs will be territorial. How are you fitting all these nems in your tanks? I have one small one and Im always ascared he will go on a walk about!

saltwaterfarm

Well the LTA is really big. He is on one side. I figured that I could put the small sebae on the other side. IF I put them together in the 90. The sebae is a lot smaller... I know it will grow.
The pair I have now are true percs as well. Was kinda thinkin that since they are the only ones in the tank now...adding the much larger ones is not going to be a good idea. But, the small ones might back off of the larger ones. Uggh... I don't know. I need help! I think if I were to ever have a chance of raising the babies, they would have to be in the cube.
I would never have purchased them... someone tore down their tank...

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Lisa, the way I see it you can give the new arrivals to someone else, give the old ones to someone else, or give them all a try together in your 90G. If you are serious about raising clowns then get rid of the younger ones and the LTA. If you are really attached to your LTA then get rid of the new comers. If you are so torn that you just can't make up your mind and nobody in this tread can help you, then keep them all. Good luck.

saltwaterfarm

Thanks Scott. I am torn as to whether to put them in my 90, or my cube. I don't want aggression in my tanks. If the news and the olds will likely not get along... I will not put them together. That simple. I guess that's the question I am asking... Under normal circumstances... will the true percs fight?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I would put one pair in the cube as the only fishys in the tank

Agreed.

There will be aggression between the two females if you put them both in the 90 gal. If you're lucky, the current female clown will not kill the new clown and they stay to their seperate areas.

saltwaterfarm

Thanks everyone! The new pair is safely in the cube with their anemone...
The old pair is still in the 90 with the LTA.

SubRosa

FWIW you probably have your genders confused.Female clowns are always larger than their mate.