RO/DI and well water?

saltwaterfarm

I have well water and would like to get a RO/DI unit. I read somewhere here in the sanctuary (can't remember where) that the RO/DI units aren't recommended for well water. Can I get some info on RO/DI units, and their use? I would like to know the good vs. bad of what you're using (or have used), if you have a well, etc.
I have been using pre-mixed saltwater for quite some time. I am getting ready to set up a larger tank and I fear that the Nutri Seawater will bankrupt me...
Wanted to get this posted before Boomer went on his expedition...
Sooo... let me have it!
Thanks

Gina

RS STAFF
We have well water and have an Aqua-Safe 6 stage RO/DI unit.
It works great and our TDS readings are 0.
I haven't heard RO/DI units aren't recommended for well water but, would be interested in hearing why they are bad if thats the case?
Wish you could find the posts that it's in.

saltwaterfarm

Scouter Steve

When I researched a RO/DI unit for my move to a well system I talked at length with the Filterguys.biz about my system. The biggest concern they have with wells in my area (southeast Wisconsin) is CO2 in the water which of course lowers PH and eats up the DI resin. With out a lab test I don't know what my well would do so I tried their unit and am very pleased with it. I have the large DI chamber not the little horizontal cylinder. So far I have produced 400 gallons of 0 TDS.
I would give the Filterguys.biz a call and they will set you up.