Search results

1. jrf1175

What Next - Equipment Ideas?

Hey All, Happy Thanksgiving to my american friends for startes :wave: I have been doing some thinking about what I should do for my next peice of equipment to better my reef? You can see my build log in my signature for more detials, but to keep it simple I have about 120gal in my...
  2. jrf1175

Coral Care Sheets

In search for answers on the health of my Anthelia (Help with my Anthelia) I found this link and though it may be of interest www.asira.org - Coral Care ....enjoy :whstlr:
  3. jrf1175

Help with my Anthelia

I posted this question in my Chronicle but haven't received any responses so I thought I would try a stand alone thread to get some more responses. First of all in my Chronicle I was referring to it as Xenia as I was confusing the names. This is a Wavy-Hand Anthelia and was picked up from a...
  4. jrf1175

Letting MIxed Water Sit

Hey All, I am just wondering how long mixed saltwater can sit without a powerhead in it? I had a power head go down and my water has been sitting for 5 days now. Should I just toss this batch and mix a new one? What is the main danger when letting SW sit and not circulate? Thanks.
  5. jrf1175

Auto Top-Off

Hey All, With my recent move I am faced with a new challenge. I used to have my RO/DI unit connected directly to my sump with a float swith to add my top-off water. I cannot use the same set up as before and need to rig something up soon. I still have the float switch and would like to try...
  6. jrf1175

Snail lost its shell

Just a quick question here... I turned the lights on in my aquarium room last night and noticed a "slug" on the back wall. It really looks like one of my Cerith snails as lost is shell. Is this possible? If so why might this happen? I don't have any crabs (that I know of). Any...
  7. jrf1175

ARGG!!! Have to Move!!!

So it turns out I have to move!! Landlord wants to sell the condo we are renting and we want to get out rather than wait around for the inevitable. Just after my system was getting settled too! What a major pain in the butt! It will not be a big move, just across the city, but will take...
  8. jrf1175

Ric Yuma in Sump??

Ok, I am just about to head out for a week of holidays and my Ric Yuma just started to float around....to make a long story short it was in a hole in one of my rocks for the past few weeks and would to seem to open up during the day depending on the light etc. Well today I dosed my food...
  9. jrf1175

Detritus Settling in Sump

Hey All, I'm breaking the mold tonight....seems like it chronicle mania today (-; Over the last month I am starting to notice some sort of detritus or particulate matter settling in my sump chambers. It is a light brown color and very easiely disturbed. With out a doubt it coincides with...
  10. jrf1175

Setting up a QT

Well after having my first "infected" fish in my DT I am now looking at the bare minimum I would need for a QT? A 10g tank is cheap, but what else do I need? Filter, Lighting, UV? etc. Thanks!
  11. jrf1175

Buying my First MH bulbs

Hey all, I am looking into buying my first MH bulbs. Since I bought my light fixture used I havne't had to buy bulbs yet. It is currently running on Hamilton 14K blue DE (250w). I am just wondering what other bulbs in this range are goods buys and provide the best color. Thanks for you...
  12. jrf1175

Diagnosis Please...arg I cant win!!!

Me again.... Here are a few shots of my new sailfin tang. I picked it up last sunday, they top photo was taken on Tuesday, not 2 days after it was entered into my tank. The other was taken today. I am not sure if this could be Ich...as I haven't seen it before....so I hope not. The...
  13. jrf1175

Cloudy Water...

Me again...questions are coming fast and furious these days :confused: I woke up this morning to a tank with cloudy water. It isn't too bad, but noticeably cloudy. Does anyone know what are the potential causes of this are? I think I have read snail breading at some point....I have...
  14. jrf1175

How to start dripping Kalk?

In reference to a possible solution for my Cyano problem (http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/just-starting-out-sw-beginners/21072-cyano-out-control.html) I want to start looking into a good DIY solution for dripping calc. I am currently running an auto top-off direct from my RO/DI to my sump...
  15. jrf1175

Cyano out of control!!!!

I know there are 100's of threads on all the forums about cyano. I have read almost all of them and tried just about everything! A bit of system info: Running phosban for a month now with RowaPhos. 2x 6045 for circulation + return Skimmer Skimming at a good rate Runnign RO/DI water...
  16. jrf1175

Help - Black discoloration on Clown. !!!

I just noticed today my female Oc. Clown has some black discoloration on the first white band on her head and some faint spots on her body. Water parameters were tested yesterday and have not changed in weeks. I have attached the best photo I could get...any ideas? Help please! )-;
  17. jrf1175

When can I add an Anemone?

I am just wondering how long my tank needs to be running before I can safely add an anemone? I have heard upto a year??? I have two clowns now and they don't really like to be in the spotlight...they have kind of made their home in a back corner. luckily it is viewable, but I would really...
  18. jrf1175

How much flow and Flow vs Turnover

Hey all, hope the summer is going well! I have a few questions here that are brought up as a result of two issues I have been having. The first is a micro bubble problem....I had this for quite a while and could never find the problem. I isolated everything and still nothing. Added a...
  19. jrf1175

Tank Cycling....

Hey everyone, I have added LR to and started cycling my tank. It has been running for about 10 days now and I have added a little piece of seafood to get things started. I am just wondering how the results should look in the beginning? Here are my results so far. KH = 8-9 NO3 = 75+...
  20. jrf1175

Profilux II Plus

Hey all, Just thought I would start a tread to discuss the Profilux II Plus. I have just got mine up and running...well as much as I can while it cycles. Anyways, with a new product and new users around I just thought it would be good to start some chat and share experiences with this...