Help - Black discoloration on Clown. !!!

jrf1175

I just noticed today my female Oc. Clown has some black discoloration on the first white band on her head and some faint spots on her body.

Water parameters were tested yesterday and have not changed in weeks.

I have attached the best photo I could get...any ideas?

Help please! )-;

Attachments

• DSC00931a.JPG
    DSC00931a.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 37

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
This is probably normal pigmentation! Keep a close eye on her for changing behavior, loss of appetite etc. If she is acting normal then this is normal pigmentation developing.

goldenmean

When I got my juvenile pair of tank raised Amphiprion Ocellaris they both developed black spots. I did some research and discovered that it is not an uncommon occurance especially among tank raised clowns. It took several months and these spots disappeared. The clowns are still fine.

jrf1175

Thanks for everyones help!

I have have been reading many threads on this and seems it is common....and most of the time not of concern. I just hope this is one of those not to be concerned about.

I will let you know how it works out. Thanks for the link to Woodstocks tread, but it doesn't appear to be the same problem....also, I only have a small frogspawn that she has only touched once, other than they they are not around any other corals.

Thanks again!

jrf1175

Well just a bit of an update...

Seems the coloration when away the next day...not sure what it was, but glad it is gone! (-;

Cheers