Search results

1. wscttwolfe

RSM 130D Complete Setup for sale $500 (Washington DC)

Here is the craigslist Post. Location - DC Area http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/for/5017498092.html
  2. wscttwolfe

New Red Sea system - "Reefer"

http://www.redseafish.com/aquarium-systems/reefer/ Their new line of tanks looks very, very cool. Rimless tanks, with no hood, so the lighting can be customized. And it includes an ATO!
  3. wscttwolfe

Oops thread

Just drained out 40% of water for a WC And put half of that back into the tank, before realizing it was dirty and old.
  4. wscttwolfe

The short life of a royal gramma (pics)

10:30am - sweet UPS from LiveAquaria arrived on time! 10:45am - damn. Greenbanded goby is dead on arrival 11am - start drip acclimating royal gramma (Coffee cup gives it a cave to de stress in) 1pm - introduce to tank. Lights off. Shoot - is that fin rot I see? 4pm - lights on again...
  5. wscttwolfe

Unusual long tentacle plate coral activity

Last night about 3 hours after lights out, LT plate coral was in the middle of its nightly water exchange. Guess something had dug a hole under the coral, right next to the glass. Coming out from UNDER the coral were what looked like stinger or digestive filaments. Seen these before or is...
  6. wscttwolfe

Over-skimming after tank move

My tank is a two year old RSM 130D. I moved the tank 6 days ago, and the skimmer is still wayyyy overskimming (collection bucket will overflow within 10-20 seconds). Aside from water changes, any thoughts on what to do to return the skimming to a more normal level?
  7. wscttwolfe

Sump Design Advice

Thinking about adding a sump to my RSM 130D. My main goals are to (1) add water volume, (2) add refugium for macro algae nutrient removal/filtration, and (3) hold my Ro/DI water instead of my ugly bright orange home depot bucket. I would also be able to use a more powerful skimmer. I'd like...
  8. wscttwolfe

For Sale: Fish, SPS, LPS, Zoas, Inverts, Liverock!!!

Washington DC Area Selling the entire contents of my 2+ year old RSM 130D. Everything must go! $600, or best offer - a steal! There is over $1000 invested in this livestock. Assorted SPS, LPS, Zoas, inverts, crabs, clam...even the sand (if you want it...) Here is a link to a FTS. There...
  9. wscttwolfe

Free RSM 130D pump upgrades for all?

http://www.redseafish.com/upgrade?utm_source=Max+130%2F130D+north+america+owners&utm_campaign=833fd89935-8_2013_Red_Sea_max_130_upgrade_8_28_2013&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_e6ab9a3f4a-833fd89935-57068877 Is this real?
  10. wscttwolfe

FWD: URGENT Call to Protect Stony Coral Trade - April 5 Deadline

Endangered Species Listings Could End Trade in Stony Corals URGENT Call for Concerned Aquarists to Write Objections PIJAC, the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council, issued a call to action on April 3rd, 2013, for everyone involved in the aquarium industry and hobby to submit public...
  11. wscttwolfe

Here are some pictures

Today I felt like trying to shoot something unique... here are the results..
  12. wscttwolfe

ID Needed

Tiny Green clover-like things growing on rock in a couple different areas of my tank. Almost look like zoas but really small. Each one of these is smaller than a pencil eraser. What are they??? Unknown Green Things by wscttwolfe, on Flickr Unknown Green Things - +100% Crop by...
  13. wscttwolfe

new macro lens

First few shots this afternoon: Zoas by wscttwolfe, on Flickr Red Acan by wscttwolfe, on Flickr Purple Bonsai Acro by wscttwolfe, on Flickr
  14. wscttwolfe

Made a time lapse: Toadstool opening

just made a new vid this AM, its a time lapse of my toadie opening up. check it out, make sure to watch in full screen, with sound on... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o5lC50TD18
  15. wscttwolfe

Acan health problems!! (with pics) - Please advise

untitled shoot-003.jpg by wscttwolfe, on Flickr The acan in the middle (on top of the rock), next to that brown algae (anyone know what that is btw?) has been withdrawn up like that for 4-5 days now. At night, there is no tentacle extension. As you can see, the acans on the left and right are...
  16. wscttwolfe

Red Sea NO3:PO4-X Biological Nitrate and Phosphate Reducer

Does anyone use Red Sea NO3:PO4-X Biological Nitrate and Phosphate Reducer? Link: NO3:PO4-X Biological Nitrate and Phosphate Reducer by Red Sea Smells alcoholic and is probably a lot like vokda dosing. Any experience with this out there? I'm hoping that this will nuke my hair algae...
  17. wscttwolfe

Hurricane Sandy/Power Outage preparedness

So I've been doing some reading about this hurricane nonsense the weather sites are talking about... "The GFS model, which has been one of our two top models for predicting hurricane tracks the past two years, has been very inconsistent with its handling of Sandy. Runs of the GFS model done 6...
  18. wscttwolfe

Photos: 212,000 Gallon Reef Aquarium - San Francisco

Had a chance to visit the Steinhart aquarium in San Francisco last week. They have an incredible reef system and I was able to get some shots with my less-than-glorious iPhone camera. If anyone is in the area, this place is well worth the entry fee Quick stats: -212,000 Gallons -25 feet...
  19. wscttwolfe

Deadly palys!

Browsing today and stumbled across this: PLOS ONE: Palytoxin Found in Palythoa sp. Zoanthids (Anthozoa, Hexacorallia) Sold in the Home Aquarium Trade Looks like there's some pretty strong (deadly apparantly) toxins in some palys around the DC area. Pretty sure I shop at one of the LFS...
  20. wscttwolfe

Poll: Filter floss in RSM 130D

Do you use filter floss? If yes, how often do you change? Use without a media rack?