Oops thread

wscttwolfe

Just drained out 40% of water for a WC

And put half of that back into the tank, before realizing it was dirty and old.

StirCrayzy

That's gonna leave a mark...;)
I call that a Farley moment.

Why so big a WC?

My latest Oops ..
I was dipping some frags in peroxide with the container balanced stable on the center brace and the front of the tank.
Of course my demon spawn Female perc decides she doesnt like me again and bit a nuckle, of course my elbow at that point was lined up perfectly and my quart of 50/50 peroxide mix went straight into the display.
I had just removed 20g, and only had 20g mixed. Plus I was heading out for the weekend.
No damages to livestock thank god, but everything was mighty PO'd for a week or so.

sirrealism

Opps I hate when that happens. Mine is "and i have done this a few times" I forget to turn off the ATO when i start doing a water change so 5g fresh water goes in. Then I hear the pump running dry.

Joeys Tank

Introducing a new fish to the DT and shut down the pumps for feeding. So focused on the feeding, that I go through the motions and turn on the circ pumps, wait 10 min, turn on the return pump from the sump, wait 10 min, head upstairs for dinner.

I come back down later to check on the tank, sump and notice there are no bubbles in the skimmer. I turn up the air valve, play with the water gate, etc. Nothing. Check the air pump ... no air. Check the power connections, controller ... all looks good. Start formulating in my mind contacting the company to walk through support. Pick up my cell phone and notice the controller page open. Wait a sec .... I never turned the skimmer back on through the controller.

wscttwolfe

Been a few days now, how is everything going?

Everything is great! Not a bad oops i guess.

Cyano is almost gone, and I just noticed that TWO corals which I thought were long dead (a really nice ice fire echinata, and a pink birdsnest) have started growing new branches with good PE..

Seriously, those two corals have been dead and white for at least 6 months

Oxylebius

I also had a similar experience w/a sps coral that was dead, I had left it in the tank for months, then one day pulled it off the rock and in the same spot two months after that I had a little coral growing, now it is several inches big and the same exact species that had died in that spot - it's so weird. It is one of those stories that no one would believe so I didn't share it. I did take pic of it and its growth, when I have time I will get them organized and upload them (proof of the weird event). Only explanation is that some tissue was alive or one polyp and everything grew from that.

wscttwolfe

Three weeks ago i started feeding coral frenzy once a week at half the recommended dosage. wonder if that had anything to do with it