Search results

1. F

NEW FIND

InTank Media Basket with a Tunze 9001 Skimmer is pretty common and what I did. Also there is a pump upgrade from Red Sea to 1 larger pump with an "eyeball" style nozzle, or you can upgrade both pumps with a kit from InTank as well. ATO is always goo also. You will most likely need a chiller...
  2. F

Quarantine question

Regardless of whether I quarantine or not, I wasn't planing on adding them all at once. Plan is Athias, Wrass, Tang with about a week between additions. My concern is mainly the ich issue since none show sings. I'm just worried that even with no signs of ich that the fish can still carry a...
  3. F

Quarantine question

Tank has been up and running since probably mid September, I have already moved over all of my coral, except what is attached to rocks in my 90. The tank was fallow for about 4 weeks, I added a pair of Flame Wrasses that were quarantined for about 6 weeks and they have been doing great for the...
  4. F

Quarantine question

So i am moving my fish from my 90 to my new 180 and was planning on quarantining them all before the move out of my fear of ich. I had ich in the 90 almost a year ago now and pulled and treated the fish and left the tank fallow for 8 weeks. Since that I it hasn't shown back up. I don't...
  5. F

Red Sea Foundation A

So I've been using Red Sea A, B, and C in liquid form, but now have some dosing pumps set up. I bought the powder of A and B and mixed both solutions as per the directions, and a little help from the forum about heating the water for B. That being said, B mixed perfectly, but after mixing A...
  6. F

Rsm400

Ok, thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. F

Rsm400

So ive had my tank up and running about 9 months now and i decided to get a couple Ecotech MP40's to try and create some more "natural" flow. In doing that i also turned off the stock circulation pmps so the wouldn't interfere. When doing so my tank level "appears" to be slightly lower even...
  8. F

Tang ID

Saw this at a fish store listed as "Tang". Good job LFS. Anyone know what species? Its a silvery color with pink fins and tail, and yellow spots on his face.
  9. F

Macro ID

It's very dense and feels like plastic.... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  10. F

Macro ID

Anyone know what this is?
  11. F

Skimmer and Fuge both HOB FS

Pic of the fuge? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  12. F

BTA Breeding

I know about the BTA's asexual cloning, as my RBTA split a few months ago....but has anyone tried to breed 2 different BTA's? Like a Rose and a Lemon Drop...and get a cool morph out of it.
  13. F

Cycling tank

i took mine out.....tanks in my bedroom and it was gettin smelly....i would also recommend not running a skimmer or any carbon....not to say you can't do it, it will take longer to cycle
  14. F

Cycling tank

i would recommend the deli shrip as well...i used 2 deli shrimp and dosed Microbacter everyday and got my RSM 130d cycled in about 4 days.....now on my RSM 400 used Microbacter as well, but instead of shrimp i used damsels and i would not recomend doing that to anyone else.....we had to remove...
  15. F

Carbon recommendation

i run Dr. G's right now......however i just so happened to be reading an article in Coral magazine from last year about a study that was done that linked activated carbon to HLLE, with Lignite carbon causing lesions within 20 days of the study, and extruded pelleted carbon only having...
  16. F

Red Bugs

so if i can manage to get all the acro into a qt tank and treat in that how long will it take for the red bugs left in the dt to starve? or how long is their life cycle?
  17. F

Red Bugs

So will they only go after the acro's, or will they go after the monti's too? Wife has called vets around us and she's being told that Interceptor isn't available at all for the next 3-4 months....supposedly it's not being produced right now...
  18. F

Red Bugs

So found out yesterday that i've got red bugs....the common solution I have been finding on threads on this forum and a few others is the use of Interceptor. The problem is that I can't find it for sale anywhere online or locally. What other options are there for getting rid of them? Do they...
  19. F

Looking for opinions

Wow the Vegas look awesome mounted inside like that!! I'm sold on the vegas now for the simple fact that they fit inside so clean. I'll probably start with 2 and see how it looks and if need be get another, but i doube i'll need it.
  20. F

Looking for opinions

i look forward to seeing them also....are the vegas controllable with a profilux or just the AI software?