Quarantine question

Friday24

So i am moving my fish from my 90 to my new 180 and was planning on quarantining them all before the move out of my fear of ich. I had ich in the 90 almost a year ago now and pulled and treated the fish and left the tank fallow for 8 weeks. Since that I it hasn't shown back up. I don't necessarily want to quarantine my fish I'm just concerned that they could still have it and bring it to my new tank. If i did quarantine should I treat for it as a precaution even if the fish seems fine? My concern with that is the addedstress for possibly no reason. Please throw in some advice and opinions please. Oh and my fish are 3 squareback anthias, purple tang and a checkerboard wrasse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

reefle

If there has not been any ich cases, there's no need to Quarantine them. They will not get ich from going into a new tank. However, if you are getting more liverock/live sand from someone else's system, I would just let the new tank cycle/fallow for 8 weeks.

Used rock/sand can carry ich so that would be the only concern. If it's new from an LFS, I wouldn't worry too much and just slowly start transferring. (assuming your cycle is done.)

Friday24

Tank has been up and running since probably mid September, I have already moved over all of my coral, except what is attached to rocks in my 90. The tank was fallow for about 4 weeks, I added a pair of Flame Wrasses that were quarantined for about 6 weeks and they have been doing great for the last 8 weeks in the 180.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
To me, it's kinda scary adding more than 2 fish at a time. Don't really know why, maybe I'm too old school & we just never added more than a pair or a small group of schoolers to a tank without giving the tank time to adjust to the bio load of the new additions. Adding slow just seems safer, but that's just my old fashion opinion.
Maybe others will chime in and give you the reassurance to transfer all of them.

Friday24

Regardless of whether I quarantine or not, I wasn't planing on adding them all at once. Plan is Athias, Wrass, Tang with about a week between additions. My concern is mainly the ich issue since none show sings. I'm just worried that even with no signs of ich that the fish can still carry a dormant form.

reefle

If the fish have not shown any signs of ich in 8-9 weeks, they will 99% of the time not have it, unless it's some crazy new strain.