Search results

1. Nanoprincess

How's my tank doing now... Just wanted to share it with my friends

We know a month or two ago my tank crashed when I put in all those faux coral. Poisons leached out and killed my live stock. I never had any real coral. But I did love my live rock and fish. So here it is now with real coral and more new fish and my two clams- the little inch one died...
  2. Nanoprincess

Tearing - new Fiji leather- wth?

I got a new Fiji leather (yellow) It was on a rock and shaped literally around the rock..limp..and deflated.. Quite large for something I thought was going to be around 3-4 inches.. More like 7 inches Some of the edges are a dark brown. Most edges are fine... But it's shaped funny and...
  3. Nanoprincess

I need to add more sand to my tank- where is all my sand? Heheheh

Need more sand. How should I do this? What I originally put down about a year ago was live sand. Didn't rinse it..just poured bags in. So what and how do I add more now, I really do not want to cause any cycles. Pleas dish what you all do.
  4. Nanoprincess

Aussie elegance coral arriving an about an hour- so confused at where to place

Its like after watching you tube all night. Their placed all over. Some I see on the sand bed, some I see on the rocks..I think in one tank I actually saw it at the top of a tank on a rock- that person has had it now for two years. Blahhhhhhhwaaazzziiieeeeee..my head is like huh? I thought...
  5. Nanoprincess

I need to get this super glue gel info down right

I was at the Lfs to pick up my weekly water change stuff, I eventually want to do a ricordea garden vertically up a rock. Looked at his bottle of super glue gel priced at $10.00 with his store label. I asked about just plain old Krazy super glue gel. They said that it was unsafe and not to...
  6. Nanoprincess

Frogspawn - head is solid white- 4 other heads not white

Hi all As I shared with you all yesterday about the strange thing on my frogspawn branch. Took photos can't load, main computer down. But anyways. Still not sure if it's an aip or a feather duster. Frogspawn has never opened yet since I got it. Now a week. But had green color on its...
  7. Nanoprincess

I plucked an Aip off my frogspawn branch with tweezers- put frogspawn back in tank-

I think it was an aip... It was really tiny but every once In awhile in the past day it looked like a little itty bitty fluffy fan. That's an aip right??? Well 5 minutes ago walked right passed the tank and lo and behold their is another one ..I swear in the same spot I just pulled the other...
  8. Nanoprincess

Which wrasse is clam safe and will do a good job on pest?

My leopard wrasse passed away. The next day after I shared with you all the post - about my new leopard bouncing off everything with her first lights off experience was found upside down in the am. After seeing lots of new creatures in my tank I thought if I get another wrasse which would be...
  9. Nanoprincess

Water change- I think I have been doing it waaaaaaaaay wrong

Was I suppose to be sucking up the water from the back refugium area too? I haven't the past few times. But for almost 8 months I would suck up the water from the refugium ( nuvo tank has built in area where it houses my pump, filters, heater, etc). I always drained it back their because so...
  10. Nanoprincess

What par or watt needed in a custom led light to grow corals

Iam so confused. Another words can I take an led light fixture into an Lfs and they test the power of it??? I do have a led light fixture I have never used yet for my tank. But I took it into the Lfs and they hooked it up to something and then said it only produces this much? Their was a...
  11. Nanoprincess

Another light question for you. What are the other two bulbs I should get?

Which order do I place in my light fixture???? I have the 4 light bulb t5 Purchased a couple of weeks ago two new light bulbs and changed out two of the 4 bulbs. This week will order two more. I only purchased the geisman because that is what the Lfs carried. I want to put ati in the...
  12. Nanoprincess

Photos- I've been shopping, leopard wrase and random questions

My leopard Wrase arrived Friday night. I was freaking because fish usually arrive by 10 am in shipment. This time it didnt arrive till after 7:00 in the evening. I thought for sure.. when I saw her she was DOA. She didnt move and just laid there sideways in the bag. Then placed in bucket...
  13. Nanoprincess

Baby clam driving me nuts- flipping all over, can I do tank within a tank?

I keep having to stick my hand into the tank at least twice a day. From tuxedo dragging clam to clam taking suicide jumps off rock to clam always laying sideways..etc When I stick my hand in the tank it's up to my shoulder to reach for this little clam . He throws himself off any rock etc...
  14. Nanoprincess

NO FREAKING WAY - THIS IS WHAT I PAID FOR - so dissapointed and a little sick I spent

MY MONEY ON THIS??? So I ordered a new clam. Maxima..it said 1 1/2 inch. Blue striped. Have two so far. First was 4 inch deresa second a two inch crocea. So when ordering this clam I had assumed it would be just a little smaller then my crocea. Omg.. Is it really suppose to...
  15. Nanoprincess

What's the fluffiest leather toadstool?help me choose

So many species. So many names. But I do not want to pay 50-70.00 for a 5-7 inch toadstool and it not be the fluffy long polyp toadstool. What key names should I be looking for in the species name besides long polyp. Only because I do see a few online carriers that have long polyp but their...
  16. Nanoprincess

Should I add this over my tank ( led light strip)

I have the 38 marine innovative tank. Due to being so hot..hot..hot..In my home and temp tank was so out of controll last week. I hooked up a fan and it blows down over my tank. Works awesome this past week, I watch as soon as my tank temp starts saying 80 I kick on the fan. Keeps my tank...
  17. Nanoprincess

Anyone have some pulsing Xenia?

Please contact me...looking for fluffy flowing Xenia... Iam in Va Let me know how much and where I order it. Blessings Carol
  18. Nanoprincess

Powerheads advice- Carol needs your help again

Thanks my friends....38 gallon innovative marine If you need you can go to my tank build thread to see what my tank is shaped like..heck I don't know if that matters? Does it?? Ordering powerheads tommorrow..korillas..do I order two of them? What sizes? The nano one is on sale..so I was...
  19. Nanoprincess

Bangaiii cardinal hovers over the torch coral/ keeps clown out

Tank went berserk as you all know last week. Some things look like they may have actually survived? Not sure because they don't really open- extend... But their there like dormant. But I noticed I have this bangaii cardinal that has decided to just hang by the torch coral..I mean hang...