Aussie elegance coral arriving an about an hour- so confused at where to place

Its like after watching you tube all night. Their placed all over. Some I see on the sand bed, some I see on the rocks..I think in one tank I actually saw it at the top of a tank on a rock- that person has had it now for two years.

Blahhhhhhhwaaazzziiieeeeee..my head is like huh? I thought the sand bed?

I moved things and left a section of the bottom right of my tank bed for it. Isn't that where I should place it. It's a small one..which was my goal. Not to spend too much and see how it does in my tank. Spent 45.00 for it. Better then 175.00 for a large one.

Any advice on acclimation and when they say place it on its Skelton they do me just sit it down in the sand with tentacles upward right? Some I see propped against a rock on the sand bed, some I see squeezed in a rock like hanging facing out as if it's suspended lenghtwise.

Okay dish to me what you know so I can try and have some success.

Craaaazy me..got me a little elegance love in her life-so excited to see what it really looks like when it arrives
Thanks all

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Id start in the sand skeleton down. Acclimate corals slowly under lower light. It'll let u know if it wants more light. Just don't want to damage the flesh.

..........reefing. not for the faint of heart.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
yeah skeleton down.

Bold move on an elegance......they are tricky! And a small one ta boot!

Omg...are you saying smaller is harder..I so quit..lmao
Thanks all... Crap if smaller was harder I would have ordered the larger for 20.00 bucks more... That one was 6 inches.. This one is like 3 inches..Ayayaya

This is how I look at it..Iam a danger to anything flown in and placed in my tank. Because...... Their at my mercy. But I do try..and at the end of all this trial and error...the strongest shall survive. At this rate in about a year..what has survived and thrived...are gonna be my go to corals..so I can switch everything into my rsm 250... Whoot whoot.

In about 3 months I will have saved for one. Problem would I really want to go through all that work and spend the money if what I have I can't get to thrive in this tank??? Soooo practice makes perfect to me. This is my trial and error tank?? I think...and my learning tank.

Ayayayayayay..so are you saying the smaller Aussie is gonna be harder???? Wiping tears.

Hugs
Carol

Roots

I want an elegance coral myself. I just don't know if I have enough room left in my tank for one. They truly are one of the most beautiful corals in the hobby. When they get large they are definitely a centerpiece coral for a reef tank.

I wish you all the best with your new one. I hope it thrives for you.

Thanks roots.... Ya should have seen me moving everything the past few days. Now man...how I wish I got the larger one.

Just moved my clam to the very front side of my tank and have a lot more room in the middle bottom of my tank.

When I ordered it I assumed 3 inches meant not expanded. But shoot maybe that meant expanded..lol

Yep my clam has no room to grow..but hey..that's why I am saving for the bigger tank.

I don't want a bigger tank though. I really really love this one. But if in the next 6 months when you think about it everything in my tank was to thrive. I would have to go bigger.

My torch I think that is growing the most btw. For now to me that is my showpeice. I love my torch. So fluffy.

Okay off to order my Fiji leather coral and colt coral and yellow coris wrase.

I have shopping issues..serious shopping issues..lol