I need to get this super glue gel info down right

I was at the Lfs to pick up my weekly water change stuff, I eventually want to do a ricordea garden vertically up a rock. Looked at his bottle of super glue gel priced at $10.00 with his store label.

I asked about just plain old Krazy super glue gel. They said that it was unsafe and not to use. Only the marine super glue gel.

I thought I read on here just good ole super glue gel.

What do you all mean then by super glue gel. As in the stuff I saw at the grocery store... Super glue gel???

Thanks all

Also can I just glue ricordia straight on to the rock..or does the ricordea need to be on a frag or something first?
Thanks everyone

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Haha what a salesman. Regular super glue is fine.... Don't use "gorilla glue" though.

His brand or krazy glue.... It's all expensive. I buy the single use packets...... Much more managable

gbose

Haha what a salesman. Regular super glue is fine.... Don't use "gorilla glue" though.

His brand or krazy glue.... It's all expensive. I buy the single use packets...... Much more managable

I've tried Gorilla's super glue and it seemed better than the others. Is there something wrong with using it?

GBose

Roots

I usually get the LocTite brand Gel Control I think it's called. Any Super Glue that is cyanoacrilate is ok for use in your aquarium.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
I used to buy the most expensive stuff. Now its the 2 packs of gel from Kroger. $2.99 for 2. It works smashingly well.

..........rarely am I speechless

FF337

Dollar store. 3 tubes for a buck. I personally like the thick stuff in the bottle from brs for 6 bucks I think . The tube continues to dispense after you quit squeezing.

steved13

PREMIUM
I bought the expensive stuff CG from ecotech. I like it a lot. Nothing against the cheap stuff, but the CG doesn't dry out, and it sets enough so you can let go in about 15 seconds. I think if I were fragging I'd use the cheap stuff, but for glueing to the rock in the tank, I think the CG is worth it...it's worth it for me anyway.

lbiminiblue

Regular is fine. I used zapagap, and basically anything that's cyanoacrylate. You can also use some accelerator so it hardens straightaway, but most of the time the water will harden it up right away. And i think you should glue the ricordia on a frag plugg.

Willie McDaries

I use the cheapest gel glue I can find from the dollar stores...$0.50 a tube,sometime I get it 3 tubes for a buck...works fine for me...it will all glue your fingers together better than it glues anything else :lol: