Frogspawn - head is solid white- 4 other heads not white

Hi all
As I shared with you all yesterday about the strange thing on my frogspawn branch. Took photos can't load, main computer down. But anyways. Still not sure if it's an aip or a feather duster. Frogspawn has never opened yet since I got it. Now a week. But had green color on its heads. Now the one head is solid white. Do I have to cut that off? Or just leave it. I noticed my other frogspawn I purchased from an Lfs already had two dried up heads but the rest all were open and seems to be doing well, I purchased it like that.

Now when a head on a frogspawn goes white are we suppose to cut that off? Or leave it

Thanks
Carol
Water parameters all good- torch,hammer,clams,toadstools,brain,plate coral, and other frogspawn all look fine to me

Bubble coral looks like crap, and frogspawn has white head. Running to the lovely Lfs for my weekly water change today. But my son is home sick..so maybe tommorrow. Thinking of doing 2 / 5 gallon buckets instead of just one. Iam loosing at least 5 gallons of saltwater a week due to evaporation. Have not got a test for mag, calcium, and alk yet. Guess I can bring in water and they will test for that?
But my other parameters are fine.

Thanks all

reefin101

If you have a dead head on a frogspawn or calustrea or other LPS, you can leave it on w/o issue or cut it off if you don't like the look. I would cut if off.

If it isd just white i would leave it. wait till you sure it's dead as they can come back if a little tissue survives. Before you do anything get a good pic up.

Also need to figure out why stuff is recedding

TylerHaworth

You are topping off with ro/di water and not saltwater, right?

You cannot assert that your water parameters are fine until you have tested them yourself... Stop buying livestock until you do this.

Refractometer, Calcium, Alkalinity, and Magnesium - No excuses, no alternatives.

Ya think... I did test my basic water parameters. I do a weekly water change..so I can assume the water changes replenish the alk. Mag, calcium. But that could be silly of me eh?

Thanks friends. I am a shopping junkie so it's hard for me to stp buying..lol.. I do have a Duncan and Xenia arriving today.... From someone here on the forum.

I can't help but see other things thriving in my tank. This same frogspawn that came in the mail has never opened since I got it. The other frogspawn I got.... Near it..is open
I hear ya.....I really hear ya..

Yes I top off with fresh water...not salt

steved13

PREMIUM
If the head still has tissue, I wouldn't cut it off. If it was like that when you bought it, it could have bleached in the former tank and might come back for you. If there is no tissue than as was said either way...leave it or cut it off.

I would advise trying to only buy as perfect as a specimen as possible. There are a lot of things that can cause issues and taking the chance of introducing them to your tank is a big risk.