Search results

1. SoliSteve

March Meeting: Saturday, the 24th in South Plainfield

Re: March Meeting: Sunday, the 25th in South Plainfield (MACNA RAFFLE!!) Billy, Just an FYI - I can't make the meeting but check your Messages from me. Thanks - SoliSteve
  2. SoliSteve

Need Inputs on an article about using Distilled water for Reef

Do not, under any circumstances use distilled water - a lot of assumptions are made about it being okay but I've witnessed reef tanks basically lose an awful lot of marine life when that has been done. Enough said on my account since I'm not a biologist or chemist but I have seen the horror...
  3. SoliSteve

UV Sterilizer Schedule?

Can't really say that I differ at all from what Boomer has already stated. No harm done in most cases since most UV products are "undersized" for the flow rate required. Bad bacteria (whatever form that may be) will come out day or night - same as good bacteria. What matters most is water...
  4. SoliSteve

!!breaking News!!

I'm finally back on my feet and doing some travel; in fact I'm in Fort Worth, TX this week but I'm hoping to get back in the area soon. I am also hoping to get back into MASNA and with the Reef Club over the next few months but, it's one day at a time. Thanks for all of your support and...
  5. SoliSteve

!!breaking News!!

Sorry I've been out of the loop so long Bill but my health was not very good for the past 4 months with more than enough times in and out of the hospital. I think the move to consolidate is a great idea and kudos to everyone that worked on making it happen. It should prove to be a strong group...
  6. SoliSteve

Billyr98's MACNA XVIII Photo Slideshow

Nice pictures, Billy! I haven't missed one of these in so long but this has been a rough couple of months physically for me - I felt like I was there so I appreciate you posting them. Glad you had a good time and thanks for the vote!
  7. SoliSteve

RS@Macna XVIII

Sorry to say that I must miss the Conference due to a conflicting business seminar that same weekend in Atlanta. I wish you all a great time and hope that you enjoy the events and the splendid atmosphere of the show and the people! I will be there in spirit since I am hopefully continuing on...
  8. SoliSteve

Just my fish?

I've got to agree - some spots have more allure than others!
  9. SoliSteve

RS and MACNA

Please don't confuse my attempt to address the issue within the thread as an attack against RS. My only desire is to ensure that it is resolved and I DO respect the organization and the individuals - I'm still a member here and I will continue to add what I can to the knowledgebase as well as to...
  10. SoliSteve

RS and MACNA

While I cannot get into the middle of this, I can only hope that time will heal all wounds. I cannot vouch for anything that has transpired that addresses what went on between the two organizations. I will only ask that you please leave it at the door when you come in and while nobody has to...
  11. SoliSteve

sohal tang

Do yourself a favor and pass on the Sohal - what a beautiful and glorious fish that will kill every other Tang in your tank. It may not be today, it may not be tomorrow but it will turn and even though it may be the last fish you put in your tank (as is appropriate), it will strike with no...
  12. SoliSteve

Air stones versus spray bar for gas exchange

No question here - spary bar; no air stones! Not only do you need to take into account the issues as noted above but bubbles have the opportunity to lodge in fish tissue/gill areas and are not tolerated by corals either and is not advised in anything you will read. Hope that helps - stick with...
  13. SoliSteve

Hello RS. Just saying hello!

Welcome to RS Ryan! You'll find a wealth of knowledge and friendship here - there is no stupid question so ....... well maybe a few but that shouldn't bother you here. Ask and ye shall receive; it's all good stuff!
  14. SoliSteve

Eric Borneman is leaving the hobby!!

You can ask him at MACNA if you like!! :thumbup:
  15. SoliSteve

Name that fish

No doubt - yellow damsel that is quite docile as a juvenile but can become quite aggresive and very territorial as an adult.
  16. SoliSteve

Awsome deal

That is a beauty indeed - I'm hearing more and more stories like this across the country. Take advantage of it while you can!
  17. SoliSteve

Lemonpeel...nipping at my frogspawn!?!

There are very few REALLY Reef Safe fish - you need to define what you want to be safe from. Check out Scott Michaels book on Marine Fish and you'll get the best information possible - it's only $25 or less (the pocket book paperback) but you'll get information that will tell you that you run...
  18. SoliSteve

~July '06 Photo Contest~

Nice pictures so far but I'm sure we can all add to the mix here (including me - I just have to make some time to take them)!
  19. SoliSteve

June 14, 2006

Dear Brody, "Let's do lunch, sometime ......." :bugout: