I could get in so much trouble there.

Gina

RS STAFF
Great pics Billy!
Looks like alot to look at!

Looking forward to next year!
Thanks for sharing.

SoliSteve

Nice pictures, Billy! I haven't missed one of these in so long but this has been a rough couple of months physically for me - I felt like I was there so I appreciate you posting them.

Glad you had a good time and thanks for the vote!

boozeman

thanks billy!! :thumbup:
awesome eye candy on the BK booth!!
btw..that new wavemaker is the sifiligoi wavemaker which made its debut at macna...its not a traditional wave maker per se, but more of a surface agitator. It consists of a paddle which waves back and forth across the surface, producing up to a 4'' wave across the top of your tank...since there aren't any pumps in the water it will add 0 heat to the tank.
btw it was shown atop an AO 180 gal. trimless/braceless starfire glass tank :drooool:

Last edited:

lcstorc

Do we have a booth yet? Seems like they are discounted before Sept 30 and we could probably pick wherever we want at this point.

billyr98

travis was talking to Steven Pro at MACNA... Not sure what came about for pricing for RS... But I am pretty sure we are not locked in yet... $900 is a little steep for a non money making site...

billyr98

i don't think RS, even benefits through Cafeexpress.com i need to talk to travis about making something for sale here...

maybe nice jackets or shirts.... mousepads... something we can get some money...

lcstorc

Sounds like a plan.
I would love to see our presence grow.
You guys did a great job this year. Looks like lots of fun,

billyr98 said:
travis was talking to Steven Pro at MACNA... Not sure what came about for pricing for RS... But I am pretty sure we are not locked in yet... $900 is a little steep for a non money making site...
Are you guys a 501-c(3)?

Last edited:
Steven Pro said:
Are you guys a 501-c(3)?
The reason I ask is we do have some discounted booths blocked off specifically for non-profits such as MAC, AMDA, USCRTF, US Sea Grant, etc. But, there is a difference between a true non-profit organization and a for profit that just doesn't make any money. ;)

Witfull

i dont know the classifications codes and whatnot. but any money donated to RS goes to the promotion of RS, hosting fees, and any contests we may run. also, RS has created www.reefpedia.com which is a database for all reefdom. there is no profit what so ever from this venture. it is for the hobby.

how i envision RS and RP? we support ourselves to further reefkeeping. i have never made a profit from either, nor intend to. long after im gone, i want both to be a community and information mecca. its about the animals we love, not money.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Great photos Billy thanx for sharing :thumbup:
I'm curious as to the list of speakers and what they focused on...anyone take any notes ? I see Sanjay Joshi was a speaker what was the theme ?

cheeks69 said:
Great photos Billy thanx for sharing :thumbup:
I'm curious as to the list of speakers and what they focused on...anyone take any notes ? I see Sanjay Joshi was a speaker what was the theme ?
Here is a list of all the speakers for MACNA XVIII, http://www.macnaxviii.com/speakers/

If you click on their names, you will get a brief biography as well as a short synopsis of their presentation.