RS and MACNA

SoliSteve

While I cannot get into the middle of this, I can only hope that time will heal all wounds. I cannot vouch for anything that has transpired that addresses what went on between the two organizations. I will only ask that you please leave it at the door when you come in and while nobody has to be great friends, at least maintain some level of composure and civility on the vendor floor. We at MASNA do our best to accomodate any vendor that wishes to be a part of our conference and MARSH has stepped up by offering the booth at the original rate which can only point to how good the relationship we all have in the industry.

In closing, all I can say is "what is done is done" and I am happy that the members of RS were able to "help out" and defray the cost of the booth. While it is not a perfect end, it is always healthy to let things heal over time and there is plenty of bandwidth out there for everyone. The only side I take on this is for MASNA, MACNA XVIII and MARSH, our host club. I firmly ask that if any mediation is required, let me help try to facilitate the discussion and please, bring the good Karma with you to Houston! Thanks for taking the time to read and feel free to email me back if you have any comments.

fishinchick

As unpopular a person that this will make me (like I've ever been the type to care).....

It is nice to see people band together to fix a problematic situation. However, I think before kharmic Kudos are freely passed, both sides of the story should be checked. Theres more information than what is led on to.

It is unfair to bully someone because you don't agree with thier opinions, design or way of doing something, especially when you are basically a guest.

It is also not nice to call names and threaten people and turn around and be fully surprised when they don't want to play with you anymore. You were notified in plenty of time and given pretty good reasons why it happened. Bad business practices are when someone waits until the week before and goes "oh" and doesnt give any reason why.

We are grown ups here. I hope we can continue to be grownups at MACNA. Based on what I see though, it saddens me and I somehow doubt that anybody is going to be able to be the bigger grownup here.

People log discussions in chat rooms - even ones that arent actively chatting. It was kind of a sad thing to see that sort of behavior among a group of people I considered friends and a good group to hang out with.

I do not care if this gets me banned. I only read posts on this board so it doesnt matter to me. I just felt that an opinion should be stated by someone that wasnt a 'yes man'

I have an opinion and I've posted it. I'm moving on.

Have a nice week.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
What's done is done~~ :thumbup: Chalk it up as a lesson learned~~

Now let's PARTY!!

:whstlr: :clink: :whstlr:

:D

fishcrazy

Further public discussion can only be negative IMO. I don't know the details nor is it my business. It seems to me that going to PM's is the best answer and closing all public conversation until the parties agree to a compromise.

ReefLady

Staff member
Fishinchick, you won't get banned for stating your opinion. But maybe there's more to the story here than I know because a lot of your comments are lost on me. I'll send you a PM.

SoliSteve, my opinion is that RS and its members should always take the high road and you can count on that at MACNA. There's plenty of fun stuff to do, no need for drama.

Thanks again to all who helped us out, our members and the folks from MARSH and MASNA. :)

T

SoliSteve

Travis said:
SoliSteve, my opinion is that RS and its members should always take the high road and you can count on that at MACNA. There's plenty of fun stuff to do, no need for drama.

Thanks again to all who helped us out, our members and the folks from MARSH and MASNA. :)

T

Please don't confuse my attempt to address the issue within the thread as an attack against RS. My only desire is to ensure that it is resolved and I DO respect the organization and the individuals - I'm still a member here and I will continue to add what I can to the knowledgebase as well as to keep everyone up-to-date with what is happening at MASNA, MACNA and any other functions. As I said before, what's done is done - it is what it is so let's get on with things.

Feel free to call me if we need to discuss further - the door is always open!

Witfull

I wish to thank everyone for coming to the rescue. not only did you save those of us that will be working the booth and have already paid for our airfare etc but you saved RS and allowed us to be there. a fun time will be had.

any and all donations will be used to guarantee a great time is had by all, and help RS grow~

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
Based on normal chemical reactions then;

(any and all donations-) + (will be used to guarantee-) ==> (a great time is had by all+++) ===================> BEER + 1 puke+

Witfull

actually,,,all consumable substances are coming out of our private s-lush fund,,lol

but if i can, im trying for live internet coverage and a webcam update wigit~.

billyr98

Witfull said:
actually,,,all consumable substances are coming out of our private s-lush fund,,lol

but if i can, im trying for live internet coverage and a webcam update wigit~.

Neat Idea.. i can't wait to go!

ReefLady

Staff member
boozeman said:
I could donate a few cases of crown ....but I'm sure that would spell a lot of trouble.

That's the kinda trouble we like!

(Travis + Witty) = over 20% of annual Crown consumption. :)

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
Well, a stick of dynamite up their butt and me with a remote RF detonator should work :D

lcstorc

LOL Leave it to you to take it to a new level.
Grin. Wish I were going. Sounds like a great time. (Well not your plan but everything else.)