Search results

1. N

Recommended Cleanup Crew?

Finally after 1 1/2 years I have my 100 gallon tank up and running. It has been running for 3 weeks now. I plan on waiting for another couple weeks then i want to add cleanup crew. I'm kinda past the brown algae and getting started on the hair algae stage :) . My question for you all is what and...
  2. N

Pods In Sump

Would putting some type of filter media in sump intake area or right before return cause a big drop in pods that are allowed to enter main tank? I know any filter will cut some. I guess I'm really asking what type of filter material would be the best to allow the most pods thru. I have a drawer...
  3. N

Closed Loop Pump & Super Squirt Question

Currently I have a Squence Reeflo Snapper 2500GPH ext pump. It has a 2" intake and a 1 1/2" ouput. I have an Ocean Motions Super Squirt for the closed loop I want to set in my 100g flat back hex tank. Here's my questions. With only having a ball valve between the above mentioned pump and some...
  4. N

MH pendants on top of canopy?

I have an oak canopy with 12" clearance inside it. I have 2 reef optix III MH pendants. If I mount them inside it only gives me like 7" clearance from bottom of glass to top of acrylic tank. That would be to close and cause heat problems right? MH are 250watt DE 14k Pheonix. I was thinking about...
  5. N

Sump Return Question

Just got my new Trigger sump in the other day. I have a 1 1/2" bulkhead in the return area of the sump. I bought a 90 degree elbow to put into this bulkhead to draw from the lowest point in the the sump. The problem is the elbow bottoms out on bottom of sump before it will fit in the bulkhead. I...
  6. N

Doser Vs. Float/Pump Advice Needed

As subject states I'm wanting advice Pro's and Con's. This would be for Kalk water auto top off replacement. Ty :thumbup:
  7. N

20 Amp dedicated outlet complete

Step 1: Aquire 100 gal reef rdy acrylic tank, oak stand & canopy - Done Step 2: Run dedicated 20 amp outlet for all equip. - Done Step 3 - 9,999: :bouncebox
  8. N

SunPod Lighting In Canopy

I was thinking of going with 2 of these and a couple Actinic tubes in front and behind these in my Flat Back hex canopy. Looking for any reviews, comments, good or bad. Current USA SunPod PowerPaq HQI Lamp & Lunar Lights
  9. N

Canopy Lighting Space Question

I'm trying to figure out what size lighting fixture I can use in my 100g flat back hex canopy. The canopy has a total inside length of 60". Of that only about 42 1/2 " is rectangular, with the remaining space being cut back from hex effect :) At 14" width in canopy I have like 49" length. This...
  10. N

Overflow/Closed Loop Question

I already have 100gal acrylic tank with center overflow on order. I'm thinking about going with closed loop system now. My question is now can the center overflow still be used for anything or will the closed loop pretty much make it useless?
  11. N

Electrical Wall Outlet

I'm still patiently :bigbounce waiting on my 100gal tank and stand to come in. Currently trying to figure out what equip I need while I wait for it. The big question I have atm is electrical. I have 1 wall outlet on the wall where the tank will be located. This outlet is connected to the rest...
  12. N

Newbie Tank Crash Question

I will pray to the reef god this never happens when I get my 100gal reef setup. My question is with a tank crash does it wipe out LR and live sand? Or simply just the organisms on and in it? Can both be kept, or do you start from square 1 again?
  13. N

Filtration Question

Just Ordered 100gal flat back hex reef tank. First saltwater reef for me. My first question is what do you all recommend for filtration setup? I know i want approx 100lbs live rock and coral. Pretty sure low to moderate fish load. My LFS are steering me towards LR and skimmer only. I was...
  14. N

Hello Everybody

I just ordered a 100gal flat back hex acrylic tank and custom cabinetry yesterday. This seemed like a good size to get my feet wet in the confusing world of reef aquariums. I currently have a 46gal bowfront fresh water tank that has been up and running for about a year. Before that tank I setup...