Canopy Lighting Space Question

Nucem

I'm trying to figure out what size lighting fixture I can use in my 100g flat back hex canopy. The canopy has a total inside length of 60". Of that only about 42 1/2 " is rectangular, with the remaining space being cut back from hex effect :) At 14" width in canopy I have like 49" length. This looks like I might be able to use (48"Aqua Medic Ocean Light T5/Metal Halide Series) with that being 13.75" wide and 48" long. But this looks like it could be REALLY tight fit. One other option I was thinking was going with a 36" combo light fixture, but not sure if that would be good enough light spread coverage for a 100g tank that is 5' long. Advice or suggestions apprectiated :thumbup:

mps9506

Your best bet might be to retrofit some lights into the canopy. Depending on the corals you want to keep you will want either two or three metal halides and probably sometype of actinic supplementaion via VHO's or T5's.
Most 36" light fixtures only have a single halide, which would not be suffcient at all for a tank that long.