Search results

1. Lemonpeel

20 gallon build.

I'm not sure if this is in the right place. Hey guys and gals. Its been a while since I've posted anything and quite a bit has changed. I ended up selling my 90. Just needed more space in my living room and I tore down my 20. I couldn't get a handle on the hair algae so I decided that it...
  2. Lemonpeel

20 gallon build

Hey guys, been a while since I've been on. I'm going to end up setting up my 20 gallon for the 3rd and (Hopefully) last time. 3rd time's the charm right? Anyway, I decided that when I do it this time, I'm going to do it right and get everything I've always wanted for an SPS tank. For start up...
  3. Lemonpeel

Podcasts

I was wondering if we could throw some podcasts together. I am a member of a forum that used to do this kind of thing and they were really successful but, that forum is now all but dead as the podcasts quit. We could do episodes on all topics from basic beginner stuff while researching a tank to...
  4. Lemonpeel

Vodka dosing and Hair algae

HELP!!! I'm having a killer outbreak of Hair algae in my 90 gallon. I have traced the cause to high nitrates and phosphates. I have cleaned out all my filters and have done multiple water changes but they don't want to go down. I was reading about vodka dosing lowering nitrates and...
  5. Lemonpeel

20 gallon ideas.

My 20 gallon crashed this morning so I tore it apart and I'm going to start over. It will be the same concept as my earlier thread, false wall built into the back of the tank and all filtration there. http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/nano-reefs/75219-my-20-gallon-build.html I'm looking...
  6. Lemonpeel

My 20 gallon Build

I finally have my 20 gallon build off the ground and I'm getting ready to finish putting it together. I still need Live rock and some wave makers. Does anyone have any websites they'd recommend? I'm on a very strict budget and can really only spend about $50-$60 on some wave makers. Anyway I...
  7. Lemonpeel

which one for a 20 gal SPS tank?

I've been looking throug lighting the past few months and i'd love to do a DIY LED fixture but it just isn't in the budget. I have decided on one of these 2 fixtures but I don't know which one. Can anyone help me out please? Odyssea T5 Aquarium Lighting Odyssea Metal Halide System
  8. Lemonpeel

SPS flow in a nano

I'm going to be setting up a 20 gallon SPS dominated reef tank. I was wondering how much flow I will need to be able to house them properly?
  9. Lemonpeel

90 gallon!!! YAY!

I am going up to my parents tomorrow to get my 90 gallon... will be moving it to my place and will post pics as soon as I can... they will be taken with my phone so they won't be the best... at least it's something though...
  10. Lemonpeel

Coral for a 10 gallon AIO

I've been looking at setting up a 10 gallon AIO as an SPS dominant tank but, I'm just not sure what types of SPS I should get. My lighting will be 20 Inch 4x18 Watt AquaticLife T5 HO Light Fixture w/ 2 Lunar LEDs from marinedepot.com. I will have about 400 gph flow also.
  11. Lemonpeel

10 gallon Mod

I am going to be starting a 10 reef tank by adding a wet/dry filtration unit to it. What I need to know is how many GPH should I have go through the unit? I also need to know the best skimmer for the limited space that I have in a 10 gallon at 20"x13"X10". I'd like to have a HOB skimmer that...
  12. Lemonpeel

Starting a 36 gallon FOWLR tank

I bought a tank at petsmart, anyway its a 36 bowfront kit that came with a heater and filter. At the moment i Can't afford a small sump which is why its a FOWLR tank. I'll get pics as soon as I can.
  13. Lemonpeel

The 90 gallon dilemma

I received a 90 gallon reef tank for my birthday last year. Since then I broke up with my ex and I had to move it into one of my friends temporarily, or so I thought. I got back together with my ex, mistake number 2, and now i can't talk him into letting me bring it back in because, "We don't...
  14. Lemonpeel

Equipment Questions...

I have a few questions on what kind of skimmer I should get for a 40 gallon reef. I've been looking and I have been modifying a wet/dry filtration unit to hold filtration as well as a Refugium. I'd like to get an external and have a small pump inside mu fuge to run it. Anyone have any ideas...
  15. Lemonpeel

Hey everyone!!!

Hey everyone, I'm kinda new to the saltwater but I've had freshwater all my life. At the moment I am building a Sump with refugium. I'll get pics of it as soon as it's done... I've been planning on setting up a 40 gallon Breeder Tank with LED's for SPS corals. I would also like some LPS as...