90 gallon!!! YAY!

Lemonpeel

I am going up to my parents tomorrow to get my 90 gallon... will be moving it to my place and will post pics as soon as I can... they will be taken with my phone so they won't be the best... at least it's something though...

Lemonpeel

Just got everything set up... Needed a new return pump because my went ka-put... 12 hours has never gone longer... Ended up buying a used Ikawa for $120.

catran

Okay, we say... It didn't happen if we don't have pics! :)
C'mon, throw us a bone!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lemonpeel

Finally Got it figured.

My cleaner Shrimp

Anemone with my Banded Coral Shrimp

Some kind of Leather (if anyone knows what kind that would be great)

FTS

Attachments

• IMG-20110813-00057.jpg
    IMG-20110813-00057.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG-20110813-00052.jpg
    IMG-20110813-00052.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG-20110813-00063.jpg
    IMG-20110813-00063.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG-20110813-00051.jpg
    IMG-20110813-00051.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 77

Haaileybop

I use imageshack. Just google it, its super easy to use and sizes the photo for forums.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

catran

Nice tank. I like your rock work, there's plenty of caves for your fish to duck in and out. Great job. Looks like that's a finger leather. I have one and 2 toadstools, a regular one- reddish and a Tyree green one. Leathers can grow kind of big but can be fragged very easily!

catran

Here's a pic of mine, it's about 5" now but will probably spread out to about 6" or more in the new tank when I get it going. Normally all of the polyps are out, but I've been cleaning the tank and he's sulking now. Yours will eventually be covered in extended polyps, it's pretty cool.

bd73dd55.jpg

catran

Oh man, sorry to hear that! :(

You cut them with a razor knife or scalpel. You tube has video's that show how easy it is. I usually stay away from those video's where they guy doesn't wear gloves. Zoanthids carry palytoxin. Be very careful when handling soft corals and zoanthids. Here's an interesting read:
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/n...adliest-poison-in-an-aquarium-store-near-you/

Here's another where you see the effects of the toxin. Scroll down to the pic.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158730&pp=25&page=18

catran

Oh, you frag gsp a different way than leathers. You frag them like zoanthids... Again, on You Tube.

soco

Tank looks good. I love to follow other 90 gallon builds and compare and contrast how diff things can be done on the same system. Cant wait to tag along :)

Lemonpeel

Thanks everyone for the kind words... everything is now stable. Amonia-0 Trites-0 Trates-<20 ph-8.2 DKH-10 SG-1.021 Calcium-400.